cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This Volkswagen Quantum Syncro is the raddest car you've never heard of

It is a scientifically proven fact: wagons are cool. OK, I made up that science, but I doubt many car enthusiasts would disagree with it. Something else we can all agree on is when a wagon is obscure and weird, the cool factor increases by at least 1000 percent.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/this-volkswagen-quantum-syncro-is-the-raddest-car-youve-n...
10 REPLIES 10
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

It is a scientifically proven fact: wagons are cool. OK, I made up that science, but I doubt many car enthusiasts would disagree with it. Something else we can all agree on is when a wagon is obscure and weird, the cool factor increases by at least 1000 percent.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/this-volkswagen-quantum-syncro-is-the-raddest-car-youve-n...

roadtripchris
New Driver

*Syncro. Without the H. It's even in several of your pics. 🙂
Maestro1
Instructor

It's a handsome car, and testimony to the fact that one can build sexy wagons that are NOT
SUVs and are more practical and realistic. Thank you for this.
Gary_Bechtold
Technician

Wagons are definitely cool. The VW Syncro cars were pretty neat. Too bad no one seems to know how do do a wagon right without being fat and/or overpriced. I had a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon for a few years before trading it in for a nicer used 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon. I did a Cobb Stage 2 map with an exhaust and that thing was quick. The Spec-B wagon parts I imported from Japan made it a great handler. I do miss that wagon but I see nothing I would replace it with from Subaru (Outback with a CVT? Yuck!) and no one else makes a great performance wagon that isn't megabucks.
JGeske
Intermediate Driver

Wagons are cool, which is why my first car as teen was a wagon (despite my parents asking "are you sure that is what you want to spend your money on?"). I have had many wagons and non-wagons through the years, but if the market ever allows, I would like to own one of the following short list: 68-73 Chrysler Town and Country wagon, the 71-78 Pontiac Bonneville Safari (or Grand Safari), 65-68 Ford Country Squire, or my favorite of the group the 64-67 Olds Vista Cruiser. Sadly, none will likely ever happen.
Air_and_Water
Detailer

What do you mean I've never heard of it? Of course I have!

I just checked. I got lucky. It's all the way across the country so I don't have to fight with my wife about getting yet another car. 🙂
drhino
Instructor

Greg, come on. This thing is very cool, but you didn’t mention the one thing that definitely gets it to that level. It has 3 pedals!
CJinSD
Advanced Driver

I like driving my cars, so I prefer that they don't have an elevated center of gravity from a large greenhouse, a flexible body that's a giant cavern with five holes and no bracing, and an insufferable number of squeaks and rattles. Wagons are gone because they're terrible for all the things that they should be better at than CUVs.
CHUCKVAN
Pit Crew

I had a GL5 wagon. Great driving ,handling ,comfortable car.
964c4
Intermediate Driver

We used to service a couple of these for clients back in the day. They were a beast in the snow with a manual/vacuum actuated locking differential. Way under the radar type of vehicle even when new.