cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huffmanhotrods
Pit Crew

Why I love cars and why I have collected the cars I have.

Let's face it guys, it all started with our first bicycle...FREEDOM! For me it continued with my first Mini-Bike then motorcycles. More and more FREEDOM! Next cars, cars, cars! Being born in 1950, by the time I was old enough to start getting interested in things, the "Space Race" was on. Rockets, spaceships, outer space. The cars of the mid fifties screamed the space age with fins, afterburner style tail lights, etc. I just love the gaudy mid fifties styles. The "Hot Rods" that were running around when I was young were anything from the 30's to the 50's. I really dig the ol' school Hot Rods. My collection is an example of my diverse taste. Anything from a stock 20's to customs. I love them all. Owners can put their own spin on what they want, that's the beauty. I come from a time when it was "do it yourself" because I couldn't afford to pay someone to do it for me. I have enjoyed teaching my 3 Sons how to build things, then my Grandchildren and now my Great Grandsons. My wife shares my passion for cars (we met cruising Bellflower Blvd in 1968) and so do the entire family. Attached are a few examples of our oddball collection. Hope you enjoy. "Built it like you want, just build it safe" Express yourself, you are the artist.Great Grandsons Bradley & Jackson learn how a floor jack worksGreat Grandsons Bradley & Jackson learn how a floor jack works"Scrappy" 1938 International pickup w/ Indian my Son Paul built"Scrappy" 1938 International pickup w/ Indian my Son Paul built"Bonnie" 1957 Pontiac Safari Star Chief Custom"Bonnie" 1957 Pontiac Safari Star Chief Custom"Thunder" 1955 Chevrolet 210"Thunder" 1955 Chevrolet 210"Dumpy" 1940 Ford Custom DeLuxe Dump Truck"Dumpy" 1940 Ford Custom DeLuxe Dump Truck"Jackson" 1929 Ford 2dr Sedan (Stock)  With Grandson Benjamin"Jackson" 1929 Ford 2dr Sedan (Stock) With Grandson Benjamin"Sport" 1927 Ford Roadster"Sport" 1927 Ford Roadster"PoPo" 1933 Ford Pickup W/ "Dumpy""PoPo" 1933 Ford Pickup W/ "Dumpy"Grandson Benjamin with his "First Build" a Taco Mini-BikeGrandson Benjamin with his "First Build" a Taco Mini-BikeGrandson Benjamin learns how to rebuild first engineGrandson Benjamin learns how to rebuild first engine"Sarge" 1940 Ford 2dr Sedan for breakfast run"Sarge" 1940 Ford 2dr Sedan for breakfast run

1 REPLY 1
Sajeev
Community Manager

You have a fantastic collection and your message of "Build it like you want, just build it safe" is something everyone should believe in!  Thank you so much for sharing!