cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwteal69
New Driver

Second Gen Camaro

About four years ago, I bought a 1978 Type LT Rally Sport. Numbers matching. Mostly original. I drive it a couple of times a month. I sure do miss the abundant car shows in my area. Anyone else have a Type LT Rally Sport?

5 REPLIES 5
Sajeev
Community Manager

I miss them too!  Thank you for sharing, any chance you have some photos you can share of your Type LT? 

Guitar74
Gearhead

I don't now, but my graduation gift in high school was a '79 Type LT. Had a mid sixties 327, double hump heads, solid cam, close ratio Muncie 4 speed, and a locker in the 10 bolt. I always loved explaining to people what that ratcheting sound was when I went around a corner. My most simple explanation was,"That's the sound of performance". It was midnight blue. Gorgeous car. I have always regretted selling it, but had to to help finance school two yrs. later. 

The best story I have with that car is lining up against my friend in his Coronet 440 that had a built 383 and blowing his doors off. Not by a little bit, but a LOT. Like being able to see his entire front end in my rear view before I was through second.

Yep, that was one of the best street machines I ever had. I miss that car.

Jwteal69
New Driver

I bet you do miss it. Great story. Thanks.

Sajeev
Community Manager

Those double hump heads were a big deal back in the day!  That's an impressive machine. 

Guitar74
Gearhead

Oh yeah. Back when I was in high school, if you had a small block Chevy and DIDN'T have the double hump heads, everyone was was kind of like MEH. On the other hand, you got the Tim Allen guy/ape response when you pointed out double hump heads.