cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wave55
Pit Crew

Pontiac memorabilia collector

I have been collecting any thing related to the Pontiac car for the past 50 years. Presently have over 10k pieces plus 4 cars. Still on the look out for interesting items . Would love to shear stories and photos of related Pontiac items and cars.

16 REPLIES 16
CarciergeReggie
Hagerty Employee

I Love it! Let me share a couple items to start this off. The first photo is of my Fathers 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ. A testament of how generous my father is, he loaned the car to his brother-in-law (my uncle TJ) to drive to Prom at Lake Fenton HS circa 1969.  

CarciergeReggie_0-1630676977070.png

CarciergeReggie
Hagerty Employee

Wave 55 since you are a collector of Pontiac related pieces, perhaps you can tell me about these items I recently picked up. There are four prints and a really cool book cover. What can you tell me about these?   

CarciergeReggie_1-1630677165528.pngCarciergeReggie_2-1630677209037.pngCarciergeReggie_3-1630677253000.pngCarciergeReggie_4-1630677290822.pngCarciergeReggie_5-1630677321062.pngCarciergeReggie_6-1630677371232.png

Wave55
Pit Crew

Cannot tell much from photo. Appears to be a mailing that was authorized by Pontiac after people requested information on the Pontiac line. You did not mention size? Are they like dealer showroom pictures or smaller?

DUB6
Racer

@Wave55 , you can find my Pontiac story and pics posted elsewhere on this site!  I even tried to get some folks started posting pics of their Pontiac nameplates and other such items, but that kind of fizzled 🙄

Unlike you, I'm not a long-time Pontiac guy, and I certainly don't have a ton of stuff or background, but sine I own one (the ONLY one I ever owned), I try to be a good steward of the marque and support other owners.  I have linked up with some new friends over the last 15 year or so due to our shared Poncho ownership, and in fact, I know one guy who buys up any and every Pontiac part he can find at swap meets and such.  He cleaned me out of all the LeMans parts I had left over when I converted my car to a "faux GTO".  His name is Lonny, but I just call him "Mr. Pontiac"!  He has too many cars of the brand for me to remember.

Another friend, Rick, has a beautiful '55 2-door, and he and his wife are always fun to visit with at local shows.  He just put a 400 in the car, and the last time we talked, he was sorting through some small issues, but was generally happy with the swap.

Another pal, Joe, has been looking to get rid of a '57 Safari that he ended up with on a multi-car deal.

So I am dabbling a toe or two in the Pontiac world, but with 10K+ pieces of stuff and four cars, you are in about 20 leagues above my level.  However, I would still enjoy sharing some stories and pictures of the brand with you here - maybe we can get a few more owners to jump in...

DUB6
Racer

My friend Ray's nearly flawless Bonny droptopMy friend Ray's nearly flawless Bonny droptopI love Ray's wide-space 8-lug wheels - truly treasures!I love Ray's wide-space 8-lug wheels - truly treasures!

Wave55
Pit Crew

Thanks for the good reply.

I am new at this and need to learn how to post photos?

Sajeev
Community Manager
DUB6
Racer

@Wave55 

Well, I'm not exactly an expert, but when I do a "REPLY TO THIS POST" and the box appears for me to type in, there are a series of icons that show up along the top.  Among these is an image of a camera.  If I click on it, it takes me to a screen where I can either drop or go browse for an image that's stored on my computer.  I can type in captions below the photo, or just leave them bare.  After loading the photo, I hit the "DONE" button, and the picture (or multiple pictures if I selected more than one) is pasted into my response box.  I can either do some more typing (as I'm doing right now), or I can just hit the "REPLY" button and voila, my words and/or picture(s) are automagically posted.

I think if you are having problems with it, Sajeev could assist!

Rick's pretty 'Fifty-Five'Rick's pretty 'Fifty-Five'

DUB6
Racer

@Wave55 wrote:

I have been collecting any thing related to the Pontiac car for the past 50 years. Presently have over 10k pieces plus 4 cars. Still on the look out for interesting items . Would love to shear stories and photos of related Pontiac items and cars.

Another friend named Ray, but this one has a little newer Poncho than the guy with the Bonneville.  This is a '68, that Ray originally built when he lived in the Bay Area.  He moved here a few years ago, and since we both had Pontiacs with 455s, we struck up a conversation at a car show, and have since become friends.  He still does some autocross with it at our local fairgrounds, but not as seriously as he did while in Fremont, CA.

The car was built for autocross, but is also a great street cruiserThe car was built for autocross, but is also a great street cruiser

It says RAM Air IV on the hood scoopsIt says RAM Air IV on the hood scoops

DUB6
Racer

This picture combines two of my favorite things: those wonderful Pontiac hood trims and a perfect flame job.  At least perfect in my opinion.  The old fade from yellow into orange into red on black, with blue pinstripe outlining is what I grew up appreciating and still draws me in to this day.

I'm a flames guy at heart.  In fact, in my shop, I have an entire wall filled with photos of different types of flamed vehicles.  I call it the "Wall of Flame".

Old School flames are my favoriteOld School flames are my favorite

DUB6
Racer

I kinda fell in love with this particular Pontiac some years ago at Bonneville.  But then again, I sort have got a soft spot for '66 Ponchos...

Ah, if it was only red....Ah, if it was only red........and mine  :>)....and mine :>)

hyperv6
Collector

Rare Herb Adams Fiero VSE suspension kitRare Herb Adams Fiero VSE suspension kit Rare fitted Fiero luggageRare fitted Fiero luggageDF1A2534-6612-41B7-9605-128EE17394FE.jpegPlastic 16” prototype Fiero wheelPlastic 16” prototype Fiero wheel 1990 prototype Fiero Emblems along with some stock emblems1990 prototype Fiero Emblems along with some stock emblems

DUB6
Racer

Some neat stuff ya got there, @hyperv6 !

hyperv6
Collector

The wheel is my buddies car. There some more small stuff. 

Both our cars are on the cover of this months POCI Smoke Signals Magazine

We just got his back on the road after sitting 20 years. 31,000 and runs like new. Took some injectors and a gas tank with brakes. 

78transam
New Driver

Hi...would you have any memorabilia from Castelletti Pontiac, Rome NY?  Thanks.

hyperv6
Collector

I am looking for a 1980’s plate frame from Rumble Pontiac in Toronto.