cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Driver

I bought the same Cobra twice!

Fifteen years ago my wife surprised me with a gift to have my dream car built at Olthoff Racing in Mooresville, NC (A 1965 A/C Shelby Cobra with a Roush aluminum 427). Ten years later, I was approached by a guy who wanted to buy my entire rig (Car, Trailer, etc.) and I thought "I've had a good run with this car and haven't killed anyone, including myself yet" so maybe it's time to be pragmatic, take the cash, and get something else. I did, and I bought the first Jaguar F-Type "R" from Bobby Rahal.

In the meantime, my wife was very saddened that I did not appreciate the sentimental value of the Cobra. My sadness occured when I saw my baby at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and what had been done to it. (oversized wheels, tires, bumpers removed, and more). Long story short. I approached the new owner and offered to buy it back, which he gladly did because I had to pay a premium to get it back (not to mention the damned sales tax and the cost to restore it to it's original condition!). My wife and I call this "Stupid Tax" i.e. when you do something stupid, you gotta pay the tax! 

It ain't all bad, however. We are still married, and I even got to keep the Jaguar! Life is good.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Wow, what an awesome story!  Do you have pictures of the Cobra when you had it, when you were buying it back and what it looks like now?