cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1994 Mercedes E500

New Driver

Nice article on 1994 vehicles.  I own another worth mentioning.  It is a 1994 Mercedes Benz E500.  This was before MB had an alliance with AMG and was an early attempt to upscale the performance of their vehicles starting in 1992 with a 500E and ending in 1994 with an E500.  The car was delivered "in white" to Porsche who made several changes.  First, MB didn't offer the E-body with the 500 engine.  Porsche made some engine induction changes so the horsepower was upped to 330hp.  Chassis changes were made causing the wheel openings to be flared.  Changes were modest but built for performance reasons, not just for show.

My car is a 1994 E500 purchased in 1996 with 2,200 miles on the car.  It has been used as my summer car since then and only has about 77,000 miles on it now.  Always in a heated garage, never seen salt, never had any rust, still has excellent paint and interior with the original floor mats in perfect condition.  The looks and drives beautifully.  I believe less than 400 of this model were imported to the U.S. and cost $85,000 in 1994 dollars.