cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1968 Opel wagon

New Driver

When I was twelve my dad got our first Opel. We went everywhere in that car up and down the western United States. So many good memories. When I started to drive I started having my own Opels (eight at one time), two that I auto crossed  and the rest that I drove. As time went on the Opels went away until many years later when I found an ad on craigslist for a forlorn 1968 Opel wagon in So Cal. I went with a friend to go see it and talk to the owner and when I sat down in the car, all those memories of my mom and dad and those trips all came rushing back to me. I had to bring it home and it's been a work in progress since 2017. Fast forward to 2019 and after many long nights the Opel is mechanically perfect driving (but looks like a time capsule in arrested decay) and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. That's what it's all about.

1 REPLY 1

Re: 1968 Opel wagon

Community Manager

Amazing story!  It's wonderful to hear a lesser-known brand making vehicles that have made such an impact on folks, and that Opel Wagon you have sounds amazing!