cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What bike are you riding this summer?

Pit Crew

Despite current events, Summer isn't cancelled! Curious what bikes members are riding? Modern or classic

I have a few old bikes that aren't getting ridden as often as needed, but I recently got one of the carbed T100 Bonnevilles from 2005. I truly believe those are one of the best buys in the motorcycling world today. A classic so it won't go out of style. Simple carbs. Reliable as hell. And affordable when perfect ones are at $3k. Going to sell the Tenere, and that's what I'll be riding most.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: What bike are you riding this summer?

Hagerty Employee

I'm picking up a Yamaha TY250 for some fun in the dirt! tyty.JPG

Highlighted

I'm planning on some trail riding on the '89 XR250R, and it would be fun to find something more street friendly to add to my stable for a few longer day trips. 

Highlighted

Pit Crew

Any recommendations for a fun 1980s around-town bike?

New Driver
I'll be riding by 1991 Honda Nighthawk 750, once I finish the repairs from its unfortunate cement surfing incident. I'm always looking for a late 80's early 90's enduro or street legal trail bike to bop around the neighborhood and local county roads on.
Highlighted

Hagerty Employee
Hagerty Employee

Riding my 1978 Kawasaki KE100! We did a top-end rebuild of it a couple years ago. Runs great. The kids love it, too. I putt around the neighborhood on it with my 7 and 5-year olds along for the ride. Then drop them in the driveway and head out on the sandy 2-track behind my house. Fun times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_3_E4kFCwA

Many of us remember the endless days of childhood summers, filled with ice-cream stained t-shirts and baseball cards chattering away in bicycle spokes. Longi...
Highlighted

I would totally rock a '80s Kawasaki KZ400. Seems like a great grocery getting with enough oomph to venture out if you wanted.
Highlighted

New Driver
I am riding my '11 Ness Victory Vision 🙂
Highlighted

New Driver

I actually am riding two bikes this summer my 1979 Honda CBX 1000

and my 1970 Honda SL 350. Two very different bikes from a great era of motorcycling. I have own the CBX since ‘92 and the SL since ‘74. 
I know I am getting old when is show up to our usual gathering place Sunday morning and the younger rider start asking me questions and are in awe of the inline 6. They have never seen anything like it.

The 350 makes everyone smile, I just love the looks of the bike, it was my first bike, if you don’t count my CT70. 

Highlighted

Detailer

2000 Honda RVT1000R (RC51) and 2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R.

Nitro