cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guitar74
Technician

This one's for 1st Gen Cougar owners

Have any members that are 1st Generation Cougar owners made an air dam/spoiler found one the will fit with little mods to help with the lift these cars get at higher speeds. 

I am sort of on the fence as I love the view of my car as is from all four corners, but noticed how light the front end gets. 

4 REPLIES 4
Sajeev
Community Manager

Guitar74
Technician

I one similar to that in the now defunct Mustangs Unlimited catalog for the 1st gen Cougar. I have yet to see one with it. There are just so few Cougars where I'm at that you don't get a chance to see things up close and personal on one. 

That link you gave me brings back memories. My mom's first job out of college was as a bookkeeper at Shepherd Lincoln Mercury. She bout a '71 Comet GT new in the fall of '70. The following year, a '71 Cycline GT came in as a trade in. It was red, 429 Thunderjet, C6, posi rear. She had Dad come in and test drive ut. When he came back, she bought it on the spot. Wht? Because he told her that it spun the tires at 35mph when he punched it. That was the last time he drove it without her in the car. 

Anyhow, thanks for the link. I will check out the measurements and see. That's kind of the look I would like:Subtle but effective.

Sajeev
Community Manager

I bet you would have to cut a bit out of the middle, but I could see it working! 

Guitar74
Technician

Thanks again, sir.