cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rico
Pit Crew

Auto Repair for my 1970 Pontiac GTO

I'm from Fairfield, California and looking for a good repair/maintenance shop for my 1970 Pontiac GTO.  I found one but they can't do anything for my car till end of August and I really need to address the issue in my car before it gets worse.  I need to tune it and oil change and maybe check the transmission and carburetors to make sure everything is still ok.  I bought the car in Florida and they told me everything is good but technically its not and all of the problems are coming out one by one as I fix one.

7 REPLIES 7
Sajeev
Community Manager

Hello Rico, have a look atthis search for mechanics in your area. From what I see, I think paying Carl's Auto Repair and Don Wade Auto Repair because they have good ratings and have a few old cars in their photos. If they aren't a good fit for the maintenance needs you have, there are a few more on that list that might be friendly to classic cars. 

Rico
Pit Crew

Thanks

hyperv6
Gearhead

Might join the POCI Ponitac Oakland Club in your area. They will know the best people that can be trusted with an older Pontiac. They have an excellent club magazine. 

Sajeev
Community Manager

Oh yeah, that's a great idea. 

hyperv6
Gearhead

Yep they tend to network and know each other and you can not only get help but find hard parts to find too. 

Rico
Pit Crew

nice. i will check it out

Rico
Pit Crew

Do you own a Pontiac?