cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pit Crew

Toronto, Ontario - Self-guided Driving Tour

20-4388-US-EVT-Virtual Driving Tours-Communities Page-1920x1080-Toronto.jpg

Lakeside cruising, winding roads through vineyards and rolling hills…our Toronto-area driving adventure is here! For this adventure, you’ll need to schedule for six hours of driving (plus stops), but the route can be shortened, should you prefer a shorter route.

To enjoy these tours, you will need to download the Rallista App, and then activate the tours by clicking a link (below) from the device you installed the app on.

Touring is easy:

1. Download the Rallista mobile app on your iPhone.
  2. After you’ve downloaded the Rallista mobile app – click on this link using your iPhone to complete the signup process and access the Hagerty Touring Series drive pack. Each of the drives, including the three Toronto drives, will then be accessible on your phone. 
  3. Then select the drive of your choice by clicking on one of the image thumbnails, followed by the button “Drive the Route”. Once the route is loaded on the map, tap "Start Navigation".
  4. Hit the road, and don’t forget to take some awesome photos.
  5. Head back to this page to swap stories from the road with other drivers.
  6. Post your photos here and on social media with @Hagerty and #NeverStopDriving to earn yourself a free limited-edition hat and other Touring Series swag!

FOR ANDROID USERS: Please download the directions PDF for a turn by turn guide.

For additional details - Review the image below for important route master notes from our  Tour Director, Dave Hord of Classic Car Adventures.

Got questions? Reach out to Alison McMaster at amcmaster@hagerty.com for more information.

13 REPLIES 13
Intermediate Driver

Thank you folks for including some Canadian Tours and making the pdf files available for non-IOS users. Also a great effort to provide the directions using kilometres vs miles for Canada. Much appreciated. However, my touring car is old school with miles on the odometer. 

Assuming Rallista will not be providing an Android version of their app anytime soon,  instead of asking for Canadian Tour sheets in both miles and kilometres, I would ask if it would be possible to provide a spreadsheet file instead of a pdf in either miles or kilometres. I could then do a quick conversion if necessary to the other measurement, plus add some mods to the tour more easily. 

All that aside, thanks again for the efforts Hagerty puts into making the Hagerty Driving Club a great experience.

Pit Crew

Hi John,

Unfortunately the instruction PDFs aren't generated in a spreadsheet, so a simple math function to convert to Miles isn't possible. I did the Canadian sheets in KM's, figuring that our Canadian brains can pick up on what "12km feels like" vs. a random mileage. When creating routes for our events, I generally assume that the odometer feature on a classic car is either a) not working or b) significantly off in calibration! 

If you have a windshield mounted gps hiding in a drawer somewhere, they all have an odometer and tripmeter feature that can be quite handy. On a Garmin unit, you simply touch the speed readout on the main navigation screen to access the trip meter. When I travel to host Hagerty events, I always use this as my odometer as you never know how accurate the classic odometer will be on my Hagerty Driveshare car. 

Cheers,

-Dave

New Driver

Official Government of Ontario map, GPSMAP 66s and rally notes ready to go.Official Government of Ontario map, GPSMAP 66s and rally notes ready to go.

absolutely gorgeous 1971 RCAF Beechcraft CT-134 Musketeer. Designed in the late 1960s, the CT-134 replaced the (Toronto built) de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk as the RCAFs elementary training aircraft for CF-18 fighter pilots. This particular example served its entire life in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba and was rescued from the scrap heap in 1992, it is currently in the process of a complete restoration. The current owner Carm Nelson also owns a sizeable museum that is open to the public. #muskateer #ct134 #rcafabsolutely gorgeous 1971 RCAF Beechcraft CT-134 Musketeer. Designed in the late 1960s, the CT-134 replaced the (Toronto built) de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk as the RCAFs elementary training aircraft for CF-18 fighter pilots. This particular example served its entire life in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba and was rescued from the scrap heap in 1992, it is currently in the process of a complete restoration. The current owner Carm Nelson also owns a sizeable museum that is open to the public. #muskateer #ct134 #rcaf

Carm's Museum (Frankford, ON)Carm's Museum (Frankford, ON)

Carm's Museum (Frankford, ON)Carm's Museum (Frankford, ON)

Stunningly resorted Canadian-built 1956 Mercury M-135 (despite being largely identical you couldn’t buy a “Ford” branded truck in Canada at the time). This particular example was built in Oakville, Ontario and were the last heavy trucks the plant built before switching to the light duty F-Series after 1965. It is one of a handful that remain today. #OntariansMadeThis #ProudlyBuiltInCanadaStunningly resorted Canadian-built 1956 Mercury M-135 (despite being largely identical you couldn’t buy a “Ford” branded truck in Canada at the time). This particular example was built in Oakville, Ontario and were the last heavy trucks the plant built before switching to the light duty F-Series after 1965. It is one of a handful that remain today. #OntariansMadeThis #ProudlyBuiltInCanada

Norman Hardie Winery (Carrying Place, ON)Norman Hardie Winery (Carrying Place, ON)

Norman Hardie Winery (Carrying Place, ON)Norman Hardie Winery (Carrying Place, ON)

Highway to the sky.... (Quinte Skyway Bridge)Highway to the sky.... (Quinte Skyway Bridge)

The Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King pictured here (S/N 12405) is one of the most historically significant that served this country. It was the first of over 30 that were built in Canada (Montreal), in 1990 it was one of five CH-124s that were deployed during the first Gulf War as part of “Operation Friction” (which liberated Kuwait from Saddam Hussein). It was also involved in the Red River floods of 1997, the search and recovery of Swiss Air 111 which went down near Peggy’s Cove, was deployed to Louisiana during Hurricane Katrina and participated in hundreds of search and rescue missions for stranded vessels. #CH124 #SeaKingHelicopterThe Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King pictured here (S/N 12405) is one of the most historically significant that served this country. It was the first of over 30 that were built in Canada (Montreal), in 1990 it was one of five CH-124s that were deployed during the first Gulf War as part of “Operation Friction” (which liberated Kuwait from Saddam Hussein). It was also involved in the Red River floods of 1997, the search and recovery of Swiss Air 111 which went down near Peggy’s Cove, was deployed to Louisiana during Hurricane Katrina and participated in hundreds of search and rescue missions for stranded vessels. #CH124 #SeaKingHelicopter

CFB Trenton and the National Airforce Museum. Home of 8 Wing Transport Squadron (home of the CC-130 Hercules, CC-150 Polaris, CC-177 Globemaster III, CH-146 Griffon search and rescue helicopter, the CC-144 Challenger VIP [Prime Minister, Cabinet, etc.] transports and the Canadian Armed Forces Search & Rescue Command and Joint Coordination Centre).CFB Trenton and the National Airforce Museum. Home of 8 Wing Transport Squadron (home of the CC-130 Hercules, CC-150 Polaris, CC-177 Globemaster III, CH-146 Griffon search and rescue helicopter, the CC-144 Challenger VIP [Prime Minister, Cabinet, etc.] transports and the Canadian Armed Forces Search & Rescue Command and Joint Coordination Centre).

It might not look like much but if you’ve been on an aircraft in the last 35 years you can thank this very plane. The Boeing 720 pictured here was not only the last one flying in the world when it was retired but it served as Pratt & Whitney Canada’s in-flight engine test bed for almost every engine program since 1988. Fitted with special nose, fuselage and wing mounting pods, engineers could run pre-production developmental test engines in flight to test for defects and general thrust performance. The Boeing 720s last global operational flight occurred on September 29, 2010. #Boeing720 #prattandwhitneycanadaIt might not look like much but if you’ve been on an aircraft in the last 35 years you can thank this very plane. The Boeing 720 pictured here was not only the last one flying in the world when it was retired but it served as Pratt & Whitney Canada’s in-flight engine test bed for almost every engine program since 1988. Fitted with special nose, fuselage and wing mounting pods, engineers could run pre-production developmental test engines in flight to test for defects and general thrust performance. The Boeing 720s last global operational flight occurred on September 29, 2010. #Boeing720 #prattandwhitneycanada

Amazing sunset views in Bond Head (Newcastle, Ontario) to cap off an amazing day!Amazing sunset views in Bond Head (Newcastle, Ontario) to cap off an amazing day!

When it opened in August of 1930, the Capitol Theatre located in Port Hope, Ontario, was the first theatre in Southern Ontario to feature talking movies. Today, it is one of eight fully restored “atmospheric movie theatres” still in operation in Canada and the only one in Ontario. The Capitol is a National Historic Site and is still used for performances and movies some 90 years later (this year). The first movie it screened was  Queen High starring Charlie Ruggles and Ginger Rogers. #CapitolTheater #PortHope #SunsetViews @ Capitol Theatre Port HopeWhen it opened in August of 1930, the Capitol Theatre located in Port Hope, Ontario, was the first theatre in Southern Ontario to feature talking movies. Today, it is one of eight fully restored “atmospheric movie theatres” still in operation in Canada and the only one in Ontario. The Capitol is a National Historic Site and is still used for performances and movies some 90 years later (this year). The first movie it screened was Queen High starring Charlie Ruggles and Ginger Rogers. #CapitolTheater #PortHope #SunsetViews @ Capitol Theatre Port Hope

Amazing sunset views in Bond Head (Newcastle, Ontario) to cap off an amazing day!Amazing sunset views in Bond Head (Newcastle, Ontario) to cap off an amazing day!

Hi All,

Did the trip yesterday in my 1968 Volvo 122 and had an absolute blast! I transposed the route into my Garmin GPSMAP 66 handheld so I had my own points and ended up stopping at the Norman Hardie Winery in Carrying Place, Ontario. The original route had some dirt roads which I have been old were corrected (I bypassed these). When passing Frankford be sure to check out Carm's Museum at 1497 County Road 5  (he's got a retired 1971 RCAF Beechcraft CT-134 trainer parked on his driveway). He was painting it when we went by but showed us the whole collection. 

The lunch stop suggestions are good but were extremely busy and had very limited patio space (wait times were insane as the could only serve at four tables). Instead, I would highly recommend Angry Birds in Picton instead (massive patio, really good food).

When passing through Quinte West be sure to 4 minute detour and check out the National Air Force Museum of Canada (at CFB Trenton [220 RCAF Rd.]) the museum is closed but you can see the entire collection from the road. Great trip you won't be disappointed!

New Driver

A fun drive on a hot day! In Sterling for a cold drink and ice cream!Hagerty Classic Drive - Sterling ON.jpg

Pit Crew

I did my own tour northwest of Toronto (I live in the west end). It includes

• A start at a Timmies (of course)
  • Nice secondary roads with good pavement
  • Some hills
  • Some twisties
  • Good scenery
  • (usually) not much traffic
  • An optional stop at a Cidery 

https://bit.ly/31zgcxT

Community Manager

Starting at Tim Hortons first will absolutely make for a great tour, even if it wasn't as pretty as what you created!  Nice work!!!!

Pit Crew

Seems Toronto had no coffees shops. So I went for a waterfront drive out east until Oshawa. Found some like minded people late Saturday getting a coffee so I joined them

Darryl_0-1597078152713.jpeg

Pit Crew

Some shots from our drive 🙂

IMG_9737.JPGRBLE6918.JPGXSSY8970.JPGIMG_9713.JPGIMG_9738.JPGI think we clocked about 800km that day, and had a blast doing it!

Community Manager

Thank you so much for sharing!