cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advanced Driver

who was it that said?.....

" if it doesn't win ,it's not a ferrari"  well then what should they rename their current f-1 cars? my suggestion is ' scatola di merda' ** bleep** that. see fuzzy dice.

12 REPLIES 12
Detailer

You buy a Ferrari to impress the neighbors.

Advanced Driver

sort of but no, you buy a ferrari to impress yourself. and at that point you might as well hang it up.

Detailer

Uh...no. You buy a Ferrari as the great ‘compensator’...to impress the neighbors, to reflect wealth, to decorate the garage (they are pretty after all) and even as a blue pill substitute. But dollars to performance value it’s not.  Because if you’ve got that kind of scratch you don’t care about value, and the other motivators are all just as valid.
Disclaimer: the opinion here are those of its author and do not necessarily reflect those of Hagerty, it’s subsidiaries or staff. 

Advanced Driver

thats exactly what i was saying if you think about it. valuing your self worth by other peoples opinion. pretty ehhh... some. but given that much fab mulah i'd take an aston in a new york minute.

Instructor

I would buy an older 308 like Magnum P.I. just so I would be a "connoisseur", and not like the guy said in Gone in 60 Seconds, a self indulgent "w*&%er". Oh wait. The claim that I would be a connoisseur makes me the second part of that statement. Doh!!!! I guess I'll just stick with late 60s pony cars and 70s pimp mobiles. 

Advanced Driver

actually like the styling of the 308. was it pininfarina? if forced to buy a ferrari might consider the 308 on steroids testa rossa (19- 87-89 ?) that they built supposedly for group'e' b. just out of the box enough.put it in the climate controlled garage,don't drive it for years, then one day get a wild hair up my ass,spool up the turbos and see how long it takes to chuck a rod.send it back to marinello (sp?) with a note that says-' ooblah-dee- ooblah-da- life goes on.' ah yes, the life of having more money then any of us can imagine.

Advanced Driver

or did they call that the g.t.o. forget.

Instructor

I think it was the GTB. Either way, I like the styling. I would drive the crap out of it though. No garage queens for me. I think I would have to grow a Selleck 'stache just so I would feel at home driving it.

Advanced Driver

84-87 288 gto ( looked it up,curiosity killed...) f355 was also a good looking piece.  as for driving the hell out of it,what did they say about those years 'they broke down while sitting in the driveway'. f355 needed to have its timing belts changed every 15,000 miles if memory serves me correct and the engine had to be removed to do so. piss poor engineering that. so as for storing for years then driving i was being facetious. oh, and just buy the dodgers cap. guy i knew did when some chick told him he looked like selleck.