cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Torino
Advanced Driver

? - where to sell auto brochure

i've got an apparently rare bizzarrini gt 5300 b.p. brochure. ( last one sold at bonhams 2006) cool but i'm not doing anything with it. contacting some online 'buyers' now but i'll take any advice someone familiar with doing such has got.

7 REPLIES 7
WRLotus
Detailer

A Bizzarinni brochure is a cool piece of automobilia unto itself. Dare I ask if you have the car to match? It's not quite from Torino, but even so..

Torino
Advanced Driver

no, don't have the car. if i did wouldn't want to sell the brochure. besides according to the lit. it came with ' motore chevrolet-corvette da 365 hp'. i'm a Ford man. what was it that bill elliot said about his father - i swear if you cut em he'd bleed ford blue -.if i did have could do an engine swap. save the original for posterity, go aluminum block 289 maybe a 331 stroker ,gurney-weslake heads, quartet of webers. but you know a slippery slope. the next thing you know you're some shmuck wearing a gas monkey tee shirt installing airbags.yikes!

hyperv6
Technician

I actually have a friend that was looking to buy a real Bizzarinni but not a brochure

I would look up Automobilia Magazine. They present companies and auctions that are more high end and would better reach people that could or would be interested in such an item and have the money to buy it. 

Might keep in mind while this is a very rare and cool item that that could also be a problem. Supply is low but so is the demand. I have a Tucker ad from a large paged automotive publication from Detroit. It is very rare and cool but not really worth much as few people are looking for Tucker Ads.  Just something to consider if finding a buyer becomes difficult. 

Torino
Advanced Driver

if your friend finds the car tell him where... or  start off small, you got to start somewhere right? thanks for the advice .

hyperv6
Technician

I’m not telling him anything. He has a collection many would give a body part for. 

When you own a Miura, F40, 8 Pantera’s, a 60’s GT 40 and a newer GT, a smattering of Maserati's along with a number of very impressive cars. All are drivers and first class cars.

The man is living out his dream and God bless him.   

He shares the cars at shows and events and that is what is cool. 

Sajeev
Community Manager

Wow yeah that's gotta be a super rare piece. eBay is probably your best bet, you can do it all using their app, they make it really easy.  I'd probably start it at a low price and set a high reserve just to get a feel for how much it would go for in the Automobilia section of eBay 

WRLotus
Detailer

I agree with Sajeev's suggestion as a good way to check out the market for your brochure - not that I have he faintest idea of what it may be worth. Otherwise, I know someone in the automobilia business who deals in brochures and sales material, among other things. I cab send contact info by PM if you think it would be helpful.