cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: What's your ideal three-car collection?

New Driver

38 Ford Club Coupe Convertible resto mod (have it) 302 stroked to 347

71 Plymouth Cuda, 440, 4 speed with 70 seats as the 71 seats were ugly.

72 Triumph GT6

My back wouldn't last taking long drives in the Triumph but I'm sure it would do just fine with short spirited ones.

Highlighted

New Driver

Tri-tri-five

55-57 (your choice)

2 door post

Cameo

Nomad

Highlighted

New Driver

My sweet spot is primarily cars from the 50's as I prefer art & design over muscle. I like a wide range of domestic vehicles but no specific makes or models so my current collection includes a nut & bolt restoration, a stock vehicle with new original interior and 15-year old repaint and a survivor in good mechanical condition but 95% cosmetically original. This approach gives me a broad exposure to the hobby for a sensible investment.

Highlighted

New Driver

66 mustang 2+2 -289/4speed

70 Boss 302

78-79 Ford F-250 shortbed 4x4 

Highlighted

New Driver

1935 Chris Craft with K engine. 1957 Penn Yan ( under restoration) with 1955 K-Mercury 40 hp converted to electric. Acura TL 2004........220,000 miles and still runs strong!

Highlighted

Pit Crew

1967 Chevelle SS, 1967/8 Firebird 400 or 1968 Firebird Sprint w/ 250 cid/230 HP OHC,4 speed trans, Randel AMC 401/4 speed Gremlin X or Baldwin Motion V8 Vega.

Had a '67 Chevelle SS 396 close ratio Muncie and 4.10 posi 12 bolt rear end.  When I bought the car in 1975 the 396 was gone in place of a 1962 327/300.  I put a on a Q-jet with the stock cast iron q-jet manifold in place of the worn out AFB and put a dual point conversion in the distributor.  After many hours of fine tuning the car was stupid quick.  The car was totaled on the way to work when a guy cut in front of me at high speed.  Out of the 90+ cars I have owned it is the one I most wish I still had.

I really like the early Firebird.  I think they look nicer than the same year Camaro.  In the late 60's in High School there were a couple of these in the student parking lot.

Gremlin X or V8 Vega, who dosen't like a small car with a big engine.

Highlighted

New Driver

69 VW Beetle 

70 Porsche 914

98 Porsche Boxster

Highlighted

New Driver

1970 Hemi Challenger, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang, 1965 fuelie Corvette(convertible), all with 4 speeds.  If I was dealt these cards, I'd stand pat...

Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

200 series SL

autowp.ru_mercedes-benz_230_sl_5.jpeg

CJ2

548170101_o.jpg

F250 Crewcab

$_4.jpg

That would do it.

Highlighted

New Driver

Beyond difficult to limit to only three.  But, if I must:

1.) Porsche 356C coupe

2.) Any year of Mk I MGB, with overdrive

3.) '72 BMW 2002Tii

Having either owned, or still own all of the above, from new or near-new, I can honestly say those are my lifelong favorites.