cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

What's your ideal three-car collection?

What three classic/special-use vehicles would you put in your dream garage? Maybe it's a trio of identical '68 Camaros. Maybe it's a Massey-Ferguson 135, a Buick LeSabre, and a Ferrari Daytona. Or an Olds Aerotech, Lunar Rover, and Ducati Diana. Whatever your tastes, tell us what constitutes your ideal happy place. 

Two Shelbys and a McLaren walk into a garage...Two Shelbys and a McLaren walk into a garage...

85 REPLIES 85
Pit Crew

How to fill my dream three car garage? My dream would be to have a three car garage.

But given current space limitations I already own my dream trio:

The hot rod: Santa Cruz Blur XC mountain bike

The cruiser: Haibike SDURO Cross ebike

The truck: 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata ( it hauls a lot more than the other two, especially with the top down.)

Pit Crew

I currently have two of my three faves.

1) 1971 Camaro SS350

I consider myself really fortunate that I was able to keep the Camaro that I bought new in 1971 for all these years. With only 36k miles, it’s never needed to be restored. I see it parked in my garage everyday and it never fails to bring a smile.

2) 2015 Porsche Cayman S

I special ordered it in 2015 and it’s my first mid-engined sports car. I may be keeping this one a long time, too.

3) 1967 Corvette - 427 With Tri-Power

I couldn’t afford one in 1967 and that situation hasn’t changed now. But, when I win the lottery...

New Driver

Hooligan: 1966 GT350

Beast: Ford Raptor F150

Beauty: Jaguar XK140 convertible

New Driver

1965 Pontiac GTO 3 deuces 4 speed coupe (had one)

Porsche Boxster 987 Spyder

1969 Chevy C10 350 

New Driver

Well the first 2 are easy as I currently own and enjoy them; a 68 Shelby GT-350 and a 68 Hemi GTX, 2 different cars for 2 very different driving moods. #3 presents a problem as I have so many "wish I hads". I would dearly love to have my 67 Vette roadster back and I wouldn't say no to a Cobra (289 or 427 no preference) or an 04 to 06 Ford GT. I could go on and on because there are so many great choices out there and none of them are wrong. I don't want to bore your readers any more than I already have sooooo - the GT gets the nod to occupy the non existent bay in my garage. Somehow that seems appropriate as it's highly unlikely that it will ever happen.

Cheers to you all.

New Driver

My current cars are:

• 2000 M Coupe (Dakar Yellow) that I bought new
  • 2005 996 Turbo S
  • 2020 XC60 Polestar (wife's)

My dream garage:

• 2000 M Coupe (as long as I can still drive, my forever car)
  • 2020 992 Turbo S (Speed Yellow)
  • Very customized UNIMOG Restomod
  • (Alternate) 328 GTS
  • (Alternate) Campagne T-Rex
  • (Alternate) Exige
  • (Alternate) Morgan 3-Wheeler

Really though, there are tons of less expensive cars I have had before that I want again.

• '94 RX-7
  • '95 Legend Coupe
  • '73 Torino
  • '96 300ZX Turbo (seriously thinking of getting one as a DD)

And something completely off the wall, I'd love a '57 Chevy Nomad Restomod.

Yeah, that's a lot more than three cars. My three car garage isn't enough. I need a warehouse and a lot more money! 

New Driver

Nothing but Mopars!

A 73 Challenger, a 71 Barracuda and a 69 Charger.

New Driver

So if it's only 3...and living where we get all 4 seasons, sometimes in the same day...they gotta be fun and practical at same time...

1) Porsche 911 Carrera S4 Cabriolet...manual to keep things interesting...hope the roof is well insulated for 6 months of the year! Great for date nights, spontaneous touring and beating others into parking spots at the mall;) Seeing as how my Better Half would always have the keys to this, I would also want...

2) Dodge Durango R/T 6 Passenger, with a 6.4 Hemi Upgrade...cannot make good use of all the other Durango SRT features here in the GTA so just more power please...for hauling people or stuff, this daily driver can't be beat...tows great too! And to finish...

3) Chev/GMC 3/4 Ton Diesel 4WD CrewCab PickUp...no household should be without one...they last forever with next to no headaches...they get WHATEVER job needs to be done DONE...plain and simple.

Now...back to work...thanks for the mental break Hagerty!

Intermediate Driver

Corvette C8 in Accelerate Yellow with Midnight Gray racing stripes.

2020 Mustang Bullitt edition.

1968 Chevelle 300 two door post in Cordovan Maroon. L79 4 speed.

New Driver

New Ford GT.

New Ford Raptor.

New Ford Bronco.

Re-occurring  theme is New!

Just finished a FFR Daytona Cobra, enough wrenching for this summer.