cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

What's your ideal three-car collection?

What three classic/special-use vehicles would you put in your dream garage? Maybe it's a trio of identical '68 Camaros. Maybe it's a Massey-Ferguson 135, a Buick LeSabre, and a Ferrari Daytona. Or an Olds Aerotech, Lunar Rover, and Ducati Diana. Whatever your tastes, tell us what constitutes your ideal happy place. 

Two Shelbys and a McLaren walk into a garage...Two Shelbys and a McLaren walk into a garage...

87 REPLIES 87
New Driver

My current collection is a 1958 Edsel retractable hardtop, a 1968 International 3/4 ton pickup, and my daily driver is a 1971 Mercedes 300 SEL.  All are driven and used regularly.

Pit Crew

Top of my list is an early Jaguar XKE coupe - it's only the most beautiful car in the world (per Enzo Ferrari).

Next is an original (no kit) Shelby Corba with the 289 in blue with white stripes - of course.

Lastly is a 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 two door hardtop.  It's big, heavy, loaded with goodies and was the first car I owned.

New Driver

2019 Ford Raptor (Utility)

1962 Oldsmobile Starfire Convertible (Luxury)

1965 Comet Cyclone w/ 289 Hi-Po or 427 (Hot Rod)

New Driver

1963 Ferrari California Spider

Aston Martin One-77

Lamborghini Miura

New Driver

I already have my three car collection comprised of my childhood dream car of a 1965 A/C Shelby Cobra 427 (replicar, but at least I can drive mine), and on the opposite side of the spectrum, a first edition Jaguar F-Type "R" (same 550 HP as the Cobra, but with all the technological goodies and creature comforts) and my wife's limited edition Halle Berry 007 James Bond Thunderbird (looks like a Barbie car in Coral). Soon I will top off my collection with the first mid-engine C8 Corvette Stingray in Sebring Orange with after market scissor doors. Livin' (and drivin') the dream!

Pit Crew

1971 Trans Am - would keep mostly original, but upgrade suspension.  Other options would be ~1970 Corvette Stingray or ~1965-67 Mustang Fastback GT350

43549_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

1950 Willys Pickup - full restomod and slightly lifted

50.Truck_Chuck_Robilio.jpg

1967 Jeepster - because everyone needs a convertible.  Full restomod and slight lifted

5bf49e86d9431.jpg

Pit Crew

Geez, only three?  Well, here's what I'd put in my very special 3-car garage:

1966 Shelby GT 350, candy apple red with no body stripe, preferably the one I bought new in November 1966 then sold a couple years later to buy a Lotus.

1966 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Super - the homologation special of the Giulia Super sedan.  I'd even sell the Super I have now to get room for a TI Super. 

1969 Lotus Elan +2 - sexiest Lotus ever!

New Driver

A 1957 Corvette, a Jaguar XKE, any year, and a 1934 Ford two door sedan (the Bonnie and Clyde car).  Of all the cars I've owned and presently own, those would be the ones I'd like to have!

New Driver

Mercedes-Benz 280 SE - have a '72, love the front end.

'32-'36 Pierce-Arrow - classic early (ish) car

A Buggati.  any of them. This doesn't need explanation. 🙂

New Driver

It's getting a bit repetitious, but three of the 4 cars in my little stable are all marvelous, and remarkable, in their own way:

'71 E-Type roadster,

'08 Aston Martin V8 Vantage MANUAL roadster,

'05 Honda S2000.

( The fourth is a '95 Honda Beat, but I digress...)