cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

What's your ideal three-car collection?

What three classic/special-use vehicles would you put in your dream garage? Maybe it's a trio of identical '68 Camaros. Maybe it's a Massey-Ferguson 135, a Buick LeSabre, and a Ferrari Daytona. Or an Olds Aerotech, Lunar Rover, and Ducati Diana. Whatever your tastes, tell us what constitutes your ideal happy place. 

Two Shelbys and a McLaren walk into a garage...Two Shelbys and a McLaren walk into a garage...

85 REPLIES 85
New Driver

Got 'em all ---

* 1935 Cadillac sedan resto-mod with 472 Cadillac engine.  Over 26,000 miles.

* 1973 Cadillac Caribou pickup (no, it is not an old flower car)

* Glenn Pray, factory built, Generation 2, Auburn Boat tail Speedster

😊  Yes, I like red.

'35 Cadillac finished 2011-03-19 001.JPG1973 Cadillac Caribou.jpgIMG_9506.JPG

Pit Crew

Only three?

First, I'm partial to homologation specials, so a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona with a Hemi and a four-speed is a must.

Second, I'm of mostly German ancestry, so something from that country would be required. That something would be a BMW M1.

Third, I was born in 1958, so something from that year would complete the set. A 1958 Pontiac Bonneville, that year's Indy pace car, would be best.

Pit Crew

My automotive dreams don’t grow overly elaborate or too exotic. Assuming that I can hang on to my current dream car - a 2005 Honda S2000 in Grand Prix White over a black & tan interior (I absolutely love this car), the following 3 would be my picks:

First up some classic American Muscle in the form of a 1970 1/2 Camaro Z/28 (I’ve owned a ‘67 base convertible in the past so it would be nice to try moving on up one generation). Make mine a 4-speed manual in green (either Green Mist or Forest Green) with a black interior.

Next up, I would stay in the Honda family (what can I say, I’m a big fan) – a 1960’s S800. While an early model with IRS and chain drive would be incredibly cool I would likely opt for a a later model S800M with LHD. I love rag-tops and would choose this configuration when it comes the S800. Make mine Ivory White (as red is to Italian sports cars and silver is to German sports cars, white is to Japanese sports cars — it just doesn’t get any better than that for me). As with the S2000, the S800 was only offered with a manual transmission (as it should be).

Finally, while I could be easily be tempted by a 1st generation NA1 Acura NSX, and no doubt would love the driving AND the ownership experience, at the end of the day a supercar just isn’t my style (not even one where Ayrton Senna played a role in the chassis tuning).

With that in mind my third choice would be an early Datsun Z car. I’m the kind of guy that likes to keep my cars all-original (or at least “all-stock”) so in this case I would likely choose an early 240Z— the so called cream of the crop Z cars and by far the best looking of the lot. Equip mine with a 4-speed manual and again, make mine white if possible. But I am also pretty fond of a few of those other 70’s colors that really popped.

Great question, it was fun playing along.
New Driver

'68 Chevy Camaro;  '58 Plymouth Fury Christeen;  '91 Dodge Ram D150 LE short box 2 wheeled drive

Pit Crew

As a younger person I fantasized about having a nice warehouse that I could store about 100 cars from the '20's up to the present. Old age having taken me in her arms, the fantasy has dwindled, and the three cars that, if I had the room, would be:

1.  1963 Austin Healey 3000 MKII

2.  Jaguar XK140 Drophead Coupe

3.  Jaguar 3.8 MKII Saloon

New Driver

1955 Belair convertible 

1964.5 Mustang conv’t

1965 GTO convertible 

or would it be my

1948 Ford 1 1/2 ton

1950 GMC 1 1/2 ton

1955 Ford COE

or my 

1930 Ford Tudor 

1988 Bronco II

2001 BMW Z3 roadster

or my

1948 Plymouth 

194? John Deere LA

1966 Ford F-250

or, well, three?

ONLY 3?

Pit Crew

Only three - bugga!!

1949 Buick Roadmaster series 79 woody wagon for general suburban schmoozing

1974 Jensen Interceptor convertible for immodest moments

1975 Peugeot 504 convertible with Douvrin v6 motor

New Driver

61 Corvette- former weekend 1/4 mile drag car from the 70’s

67 Falcon 289 Sports Coupe - wife’s car and stock

64 VW  Dune Buggy we drive to and on the Outer Banks 

Daily driver is a 17 RF Miata with all of technology absent in the above.

Pit Crew

Chrysler Turbine car.  I've been fascinated by that car since I was 6 and it first came out. 

Toyota Century V12.  Just to cruise around in total luxury without people outside-the-know realizing what it is.  Non-ostentatious.  But wow, luxury.  

1964 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk, black, red interior, supercharged, four speed, power front disc brakes, air conditioning, power steering, no radio.  I'd want to listen to the supercharger and that great 289 Stude V8.  

New Driver

Any Vette...already got an '86, used to have a '93

1955 Chevy...luv 'em all

1962 Impala SS 4 speed...had one once...never should have sold it!