cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What's your favorite driving season?

DriveShare_1972_VW_Beetle_5912.jpg

As summer winds down, I'm already looking forward to taking scenic drives throughout the fall. I like to think that all seasons mesh into one big, never-ending, driving season. Each brings something special: Tops down during sunny summers, stunning colors during fall foliage, snow-capped winters and free rainy car washes during the spring. 

What's your favorite driving season?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: What's your favorite driving season?

Community Manager

Definitely late fall, winter, or early spring down here on the Gulf Coast. The closer you get to summer the more likely it is to have the heat and humidity keep you from exploring and enjoying the things you want to do once you reach your destination. 

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

Being that I am here in middle Georgia, and my two favorite classics are not air conditioned, it would be fall, winter and spring. The older I get, the more I hate the heat.

Highlighted

Community Manager

I'm the same way. Heat and humidity is starting to drive me crazy these days.  

Highlighted

Detailer

spring. i live in the northeast and after after the nasty cold salted roads winter being able to put down the window down hang your arm out and ride is a treat. however i will say that in a carbureted car there are those magic fall nights, on the right road, when the air is a bit cool, a touch of moisture, just right for the engine to sing out a sweet tune. so i guess it's a question of whether you're the driver or the machine.

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

I miss living up north. Those cool dry nights make it nice to be a driver or a machine. That tune your talking about makes having a radio a waste.

Highlighted

Hagerty Employee

In Michigan, right now is the best time if you ask me. Warm days and crisp mornings/evenings. Soon the leaves will start to change and it'll be ideal, before they're all on the ground and turning into wet mush.

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

I miss those Midwestern fall days. If the economy where I'm from wasn't in the toilet, I would move back in a heartbeat. Then I would complain about the harsh winters instead of the summers here in the Southeast. Athough my cars all have heat that works, none of them, but the Tbird and LTD have air. And although I enjoy driving all of them, the '65 Galaxie and '68 Cougar are what I like driving.