cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DUB6
Gearhead

November 10, 1775

Listen, this isn't directly automotive-related, but some of the members of this forum have mentioned things like "I had a new XYZ, but my folks sold it while I was overseas", or "As soon as I got out of the service, I bought a new XYZ", so the following might fit in a little bit...

I know that not all of the folks reading this were in the Marine Corps – in fact, not all of you served in ANY branch of the Armed Forces.  But I hope that today, you will all join me in wishing the Marines a Happy 246th Birthday!  I have friends and family who served in the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, and the U.S. Coast Guard (nobody from the U.S. Space Force yet, however!), as well as USMC.  I honor all of those services today and every day, because each have played an important part in keeping our nation secure and free.

But today is the day especially to raise a glass and eat some cake to recognize the United States Marine Corps.  To my fellow Marines and to all U.S. citizens: SEMPER FI!

0 REPLIES 0