cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New parts for old JDM cars. What has worked for you?

Pit Crew

Please ONLY post your actual experiences about finding JDM parts.

I drive a 1991 Toyota Crown Royal saloon G daily here in Washington and have had issues getting some of the parts which are not shared with US market platforms.  So I stumbled into partsouq.com based in UAE, it's translated into english , has clickable OEM diagrams and fast shipping through DHL.  Not everything I've looked for is available of course, but it has been far less difficult than trying to search on yahoo.co.jp 

As an additional help toyodiy.com has been a huge help for years. Finding part numbers then checking them through their cross reference tool has saved me alot of time and headache. It even netted me an off the shelf alternator upgrade.

So, what has worked for you?

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: New parts for old JDM cars. What has worked for you?

Hagerty Employee

I bought my JDM Toyota Century from Duncan Imports in Roanoke, VA. (www.duncanimports.com), and they were really helpful with a workaround shock replacement solution. (I now have GM F-body air shocks plumbed into the back of my car, and they work great. No EHC or TEMS lights, either!) It has also been recommended to me many times that eBay Japan and Yahoo Japan are worthy sources of parts, although the shipping can be crazy. I priced a new rear bumper at about $250 US, but the shipping would have been $1200 US! You need to coordinate the purchase with someone sending a container over, have 'em throw it in. Good luck! I'm still looking for an owners manual to my car, I'm told "good luck."

Highlighted

Hagerty Employee
Also, have you tried the aggregator site www.jauce.com? I have perused it but not bought anything yet.
Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

Maybe just to bump this back up...I suspect they’ll be more options for sources In a couple years. With many desirable cars from the early 90’s now meeting the 25 mark coming into North America, I have to think companies will try to meet demand. And hell, Mazda (and other IIRC) is even putting major components like engines back into production. 

Highlighted

Hagerty Employee

I had a website shown to me on the Toyota Century Forum on FB that was super helpful-https://toyota.epc-data.com/- found the part number for the speedometer sensor I needed and amazingly this one has a cross reference to a common Toyota part for once! 

Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

A cross-reference to common parts?
What...no buying a part to see if it’ll work, finding out it won’t and not being able to return it? No jerry-rigging connectors? No guinea-pigging stuff for everyone else? No mumbling naughty words? 

Where’s the fun in that?