cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stitchrad
Pit Crew

Need help identifying a vintage car

Hello everybody I could really use some help. I was recommended this forum by a few different people to help me try and identify the vintage car in this old family photograph I have. That car I'm looking to identify is the car behind the family. The picture was taking presumably in 1923 based on the license plate of the car on the left side of the picture. The location of the picture is Troy, NY ( Maybe that makes a difference) and the car/truck in the picture was used as a delivery vehicle for the family bakery they owned at the time. Any help or even some ideas where I could possibly go and try and nail this down would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys. All the best.

Troy Pie Shop Trucks.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
Sajeev
Community Manager

Wow, that's a tough one!  But I have a feeling that's a Willys Overland, judging by the shape of the emblem. 

image.png

Sajeev
Community Manager

We have even more information, thanks to the trained eyes of fellow Hagerty employees (I shared this internally). Odds are that is a 1917 Willys Overland much like this one: 

https://www.uniqueclassiccars.com/vehicles/1842/1917-willys-overland-90-touring

www.uniqueclassiccars.comwww.uniqueclassiccars.com

stitchrad
Pit Crew

Wow that's fantastic how you guys could figure that out! Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help...... My main concern is the car located behind the family. The big delivery truck. Unfortunately there really ins't any clues that I'm aware of to  to help me out there. I've been stuck on this for quite a while. Thanks again for everything.

NITRO450EXP
Technician

Maybe this 1926 Chevrolet Superior K (Or something similar)

Nitro

1926-chevrolet-superior-k-panel-delivery.jpg

NITRO450EXP
Technician

Another Chev this one has similar roof line.

175163_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

NITRO450EXP
Technician

trucks.JPG

stitchrad
Pit Crew

Wow that’s great research! I really appreciate the help. I think from here I’m in a good direction. Thanks so much again. All the best