cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julie
Community Manager

Join Hagerty for a Drive at Dawn!

20-4410-US-EVT-2020 Digital Pebble - Drive at Dawn_Landing Page Header_1920x1080.jpg

The tradition continues on with Hagerty Dawn Patrol! We'll miss seeing you in person this year for coffee and donuts in Monterey, CA but that won't stop us from celebrating the joy of driving the cars we love. And earning a coveted hat in the process.

Set your alarm for Sunday, 16 August 2020 and take a drive between 6-9 a.m.

• Snap a photo of you in front of your car before or after your drive.
  • Reply to this post to share your photo the same day. (Photo attaching tutorial here.)
  • We’ll send you a 2020 limited edition Drive at Dawn hat.

Whether this is your 7th hat or your first, with this time honored tradition you'll join the ranks of a magical club of car lovers  - and hey, you can always nap later!

Learn more about the history of Hagerty Dawn Patrol here.

2,921 REPLIES 2,921
Sajeev
Community Manager

Hello and welcome! Let's help you get photos uploaded, I have uploaded the photo you see below by hovering over the image that looks like the front of a camera.  From there you can upload a photo from your computer to the Hagerty Community.  Does this help? 

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 1.37.23 PM.png

gt4
Pit Crew

so how are you going to get hats to people without knowing addresses
aalborz
New Driver

IMG_5304.jpg

KenO
Pit Crew

I read the tutorial and did as instructed ... Several times, somewhere in the area of 6 times, I watched the photo upload and then got an error message that didn't tell me what the error was ... So I simple repeated what I had done and each time as the upload completed there was an error message ...

The 'Body' that I wrote seemed to save and then I tried the photo again and found the servers were closed ...

Please, I really wanted the hat or I wouldn't have been up at 05:30 to go for a dawn drive ... 

And now it works! So, follows is my 'Body' copy from yesterday ...

I went out for a brisk drive @ Dawn this morning ...

I left my wife at home as she is still recovering from 6 Chemo Treatments. YES, all is good, she is just worn out!

Here sits our 1950 Chevy 3100 Pick-up Survivor "Tweety" under the Alabama State Flag that hangs on the front of "Tweety's" garage.
This was my first solo drive since I drove "Tweety" home!

Dawn Drive in AlabamaDawn Drive in Alabama

Hogfixer
Pit Crew

Great car! Hope you enjoyed your ride!
Cheesehead79
Pit Crew

Mine keeps giving me an error message about a HTML somewhere in the body. I don't get it.

xentih1
New Driver

I wasn't able to upload the picture of my car yesterday. Operator error for certain. Took the MGA out for a beautiful drive thru Red Rocks Amphitheater Park in Morrison, CO. Beautiful CO morning to go out and exercise the MG. Nice pics and stories of others out and about on a Sunday morning. Cheers Xenti

sailorchris
New Driver

HPIM2404.JPG

Rodzy
New Driver

Returning from the morning drive.  Had a bit of unseasonable wet weather here in Nor Cal today.  Free car wash!Returning from the morning drive. Had a bit of unseasonable wet weather here in Nor Cal today. Free car wash!

Trojan81
New Driver

IMG_4443[746].JPG

CO-TRAVELER
New Driver

Out in ColoradoColorado TripColorado Trip

250GTL
New Driver

200A0F1E-C2F1-4B26-9112-727AEFFB60B5.jpeg

 1964 Ferrari 250 Lusso

7:30 am in Hawaii. 

356C
New Driver

Even though Auto Week in Monterey was cancelled, we elected to come down anyway with our beloved Black Lab, "Bob". Had to leave the Porsche at home, hence the SUV. A great morning at Spanish Bay along the Pacific Ocean with our own coffee and donuts and the Pebble Beach Sports Car Club for company. Looking forward the to real Dawn Patrol next year!

Dawn Patrol PB.jpg

Wild-Bill
Pit Crew

IMG_2444.JPG

DevonSpur
New Driver

Out for the Dawn Patrol this AM in Devon Alberta Canada. Three Rolls Royce cars Started at Tim Hortons and did a great country backroad drive. Ended at Leduc West historical society where there is a collection of 15 RR and B cars all insured by Haggerty.20200816_075753.jpg

ALF
New Driver

Here is the group picture of the Hagerty customers.  Mel, Gord & Howard.Here is the group picture of the Hagerty customers. Mel, Gord & Howard.Thanks to Rachel for the pics......Thanks to Rachel for the pics......Sunday morning country drive southwest of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.Sunday morning country drive southwest of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

ALF
New Driver

Destination reached....... Leduc West Antique Society.Destination reached....... Leduc West Antique Society.An official grand opening of the car museum was originally planned  for 2020.......  unfortunately Coronavirus put an end to the big day.An official grand opening of the car museum was originally planned for 2020....... unfortunately Coronavirus put an end to the big day.

flynmunkee
New Driver

spent all morning trying to uploadspent all morning trying to upload

K-Lap
New Driver

Looks like you did it! Congratulations...

KJWAHL
Pit Crew

20200816_065739.jpg20200816_064344.jpgI DID NOT MAKE IT AT 6 AM BUT I MADE IT AT 6:30

TAKE YOUR PICK OF THESE SHOTS

KEITH WAHL 

Woodylebaron
New Driver

Morning drive in the Lebaron. Yes it is road worthy and the radio worksF4B50830-2C86-48E2-98D2-75BAA470A946.jpeg

Hnbunte
Pit Crew

Ok...why the title? Fan of John Candy..or Steve Martin?
Thought the LeBron unjustly viewed by many, esp. the version by Maserti. Keep well. HNB
EdJJr
Pit Crew

My son Edward and I enjoying a Sunday drive in upstate NY.  He in his recently-acquired 1994 Mazda Miata and I in my 2014 Mustang GT.  Thank you for letting us all take part in such a wonderful event.My son Edward and I enjoying a Sunday drive in upstate NY. He in his recently-acquired 1994 Mazda Miata and I in my 2014 Mustang GT. Thank you for letting us all take part in such a wonderful event.

Fordcruisergrl
New Driver

Great cruising day ! 

8581B328-12B3-49D6-9DBC-9B7E6749EB42.jpeg

B28CF5CD-181F-40E1-AEDB-8FDA65A1D4E9.jpeg

Porsche07
New Driver

2007 Porsche 911 S

WP_20200815_07_16_08_Rich.jpg

waltherd
New Driver

Where do we post our address for the great Drive at Dawn hat?

Thanks,

Walt

Hnbunte
Pit Crew

20200816_063457.jpg

 MY XK8 Jaguar and I at sunrise, Cable Airport, Upland, CA

Hnbunte
Pit Crew

20200816_063648.jpg

 Hagerty bag, XK8,at fuel dock, Cable Airport, Upland, CA.

bobmspeedster
New Driver

Spanish Bay

Been coming to Dawn Patrol since 2004.

Hope to add to my DP hat collection. 

20200816_082414.jpg

RoccoTelese
New Driver

IMG_7533.JPG

351ACE12
New Driver

1967 GT350, original owner. Featured some years back in Hagerty magazine (summer of 2017).P1170504b.jpg

PorschePlay
New Driver

Hagerty Danw Patrol 2020.JPG“I’m going through the desert in a Porsche with no name.

The throttle running free amongst plants and birds 

and rocks and things

There is sand and hills and now tire rings!”

Actually, the 997TT does have a name. It’s “Sonoma Blue.”

Sonoma because the first road adventure with her was through the 

Sonoma Wine Country on the way to watch the Concourse d’ Lemons in California. 

Blue because she is a paint to sample custom order in Horizon Blue. 

David71
New Driver

At HomeAt HomeAt beautiful Santa Cruz BoardwalkAt beautiful Santa Cruz Boardwalk

dougo01
New Driver

This is my and my 87 Supra.drive at dawn 2020 r1.jpg

MidgetMG
New Driver

So here is my 1965 MG Midget 

Rwolfe
New Driver

F080729D-2561-4B6F-959F-A40165340AAD.jpeg

Quick run to Starbucks.  Selfie with the didn’t work.  

Fshields
New Driver

HISTORY OF TRIUMPH TR3A –VIN TS74922L

Original Owner... Original Color...Original Wife!Drive at Dawn 16 August 2020Drive at Dawn 16 August 2020

I drove my 1961 TR3A while in the Army and through College.  I courted my wife of 53 years, Ruth, in it.  I always enjoyed working on it and drove it year around, including Chicago winters.  I have fond memories of crank starting it in cold weather.  In late fall of 1971 the fan threw a bolt through the radiator.

I had planned to repair it the next summer.....but, life intervened.  44 years later it was still in the garage.  My son-in-law Tim, who had, no ulterior motive, said one day, “I know you are going to fix the car but, if you started today you will not live long enough to finish it.” Brutal but true.  Next stop Ken’s Klassics in Muscoda, WI.  Fifteen months later after a Total tread-up, every nut, bolt and screw removed, everything replaced, rebuilt or renewed, the original sheet metal body received Four coats of primer, Four coats of original Power Blue paint, and Four coats of Clear coat  On March 28th 2015 I received my Brand New 1961 TR3A.  Somewhat poorer, but happy, I drive now only on dry, sunny days.… just wish I was 20 years younger!! (or maybe 30)

firebird1967
New Driver

Home with BagelsHome with Bagels

NJcarguy
New Driver

20200815_181515.jpg

 Hope to see you all at the next Dawn Patrol... in person

Jagguy2020
Pit Crew

C944B808-C3C6-451C-AE65-1F84756107C2.jpeg

 My 1987 jaguar XJ6 on a beautiful Pflugerville Texas Dawn Patrol morning.

Lily
New Driver

IMG_21641.jpg

 the beetle that got to see the sun sizzle 

rdeshane
New Driver

Here I am, photographed this morning by Hagerty Eastern Ontario Region Manager, Alex Alfred with my Mini Marcos at the Glory Days Classic Motorsport's event in Port Perry, Ontario - WING COMMANDER'S "VE-75" RAID. The RAID is a 100-mile romp through the countryside, around Lake Scugog which is run as if it is a bomber run over occupied Europe. 004.jpg

ve3hzz
Pit Crew

Glad to see you got yours out too yesterday Bob. Wish I could have joined you but after my drive in the AM had to work a few hours!

Hope other events can happen (and I can attend) this year and into NEXT!!!

Scott

IF it has wheels I'm into it!!
Vman61
New Driver

Anorrismd
New Driver

skylark 3.jpgskylark 2.jpgskylark 1.jpg20200816_062301.jpgBEAUTIFUL MORNINGBEAUTIFUL MORNING

Vman61
New Driver

HKhouri
New Driver

D8886304-7928-419E-A02A-72605A81F902.jpeg

Clash
New Driver

56 in Conroe, TX

56 in Conroe56 in Conroe

Renald
New Driver

IMG_1926.JPG