cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3_Lightnings
Pit Crew

Indy Pace Car Reunion

A couple of weeks ago I did receive a call back from the Indianapolis Speedway Museum following up on the question I posed about whether a Pace Car Reunion would be taking place this year at the track.

As a reference, the Speedway had previously held reunions in 2006, 2011, and 2016 for Pace Car owners the weekend prior to the running of each event.  The last one held allowed owners of those cars to sign up for a three day event that included displaying their cars, a reception, and a lap of the track after the qualifying occurred one evening.  In addition you could purchase exclusive polo shirts and valid one and a half month Speedway license plates for your cars use at the event.  All cars were arranged in the order of the year for which the vehicles paced the event and given an exclusive sign courtesy of Mecum that stated the vehicles year and ownership name!

Pace Cars previously chosen for the Indianapolis Speedway event have always been only American car manufacture models that allowed the host to feature the latest innovations available to the public.  Limited additions of those cars were then sold through dealerships to the public so that people could feel they too could be associated with the premier event. 

Due to Covid concerns this year (2021) the event according to those at the track will be postponed until some other year after we have this pandemic behind us.  However, I'd recommend the event for those exclusive vehicles to anyone who owns one.  The friendships you'll take away from the event will last a long time.

Feel free to show us your pictures of the event and the thoughts you had attending this exclusive event.

Ford Pace Cars at the 2011 eventFord Pace Cars at the 2011 eventMustangs at the 2016 eventMustangs at the 2016 event

0 REPLIES 0