cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NITRO450EXP
Instructor

Fall blues.

Hello Tribe.

So am I the only one getting the blues. Fall is coming, it's been raining last 3 days. My classic is stuck in the garage, my bikes are sitting next to the hot rod.

This probably doesn't afflict our CA brethren,  and our southern state neighbors. 

But us Northerners this is a tough time of year for me.

I take solice in the fact I have several project that languish in the garage awaiting my personal attention. But that sub zero weather,  just around the corner somewhat dampens the spirit and soul.

Maybe permanent heat in the shop needs to be project #1 this year.

Stay safe and positive. 

Nitro

11 REPLIES 11
WRLotus
Detailer

I feel your pain, if not perhaps quite as acutely.

I'm in Canada, on the west coast where the winters are usually mild but wet. The weather here looks good for a few more days until the rainy season gets going so I guess it's time to go out for a drive. At least I'll be able to get the cars out from time to time during the coming months but it is about time to start thinking about the fixes and projects that inevitably pile up during the summer.

Stay warm, stay safe and make some progress.

spoom
Technician

Yeah, got to go up and winterize the trailer soon, take the chipper-shredder out of storage to deal with the leaves that will be dropping shortly, then change the oil on it and the mower before parking them for the winter and grabbing the snowblower. Celebrated the seasons yesterday by ordering a set of winter wheels and Blizzaks for the daily driver so that the OEM wheels and 20K mi. tires can take the winter off. Good times, sigh. 

hyperv6
Technician

It has been much different this year. 

Ending the Summer drive season really is not losing much this year. With so many events canceled and the local cruise in’s closed it was a drive to no where. 

Yes I could still go for a drive but the people you get to see and meet are also a big part of the car hobby. 

Now it has been fun in a different way. We woke up my buddies old Pontiac that had been parked for years. We replaced needed parts and rebuilt others and just finally got the car on the road. Note we even weathered a Tornado that hit the garage. 

My buddy has never really worked much on his cars. He really enjoyed the experience. For me it was great to hear about his work as an engineer in the auto industry. He has gotten to do some really cool things with some really cool people and has great stories to share as we worked on the car. 

Now we have the car running we will move to my garage for detailing. I am insulated very well and have hear so in there it is endless summer with t shirts and short needed. 

The goal is to get him to a show next year and a trophy. So we will take advantage of winter by keeping the heat up, the buffer going and the tunes playing and pray the virus is gone by then. 

NITRO450EXP
Instructor

Yes this year has been a strange one, and one most would probably like to forget. 

I really hope and pray next year is not a repeat.

Nitro

JimR
Instructor

I’m with hyperv6, strange times and a strange driving season, I’m almost...almost glad it’s over. I too am changing oil on the log splitter, winterizing what needs it and making a “to do” list on the cars.
The up/side is that my shop is newly insulated, the frig and cabinet are stocked and the cigars are in the humidor. Winter here is also an opportunity for friends to drop by, pull off the mask and relax..maybe even pull out a deck of cards.
Still,  there are a few more driving opportunities left, some backroads decorated with autumn that I plan on enjoying. 

Guitar74
Gearhead

I feel your pain. I grew up in the northern midwest and can remember parking the motorcycle and staring at it longingly every time I walked by for four to five months. That being said, it ALWAYS gave me wrench time on my hot rods which is something that I NEVER seem to have since moving down south.

NITRO450EXP
Instructor

Had a few nice days, got the Truck out.

But now leaves are falling faster every day.

Still, mood has improved since sun showed up.

Nitro

Rob1
Instructor

Living in Northern Ontario fall comes quickly for me I take my ride out whenever i can i enjoy fall driving and drive as late as possible before they throw salt.Early BB Corvette with no A/C likes the cooler weather,two years ago we put a central heat system with A/C in the garage/shop and the winter buzzes by while Iam toasty warm with the Vette on stands doing the work that I have been putting off,with stereo and Sat TV and some lounging chairs Fall/Winter great time to prep for the coming season.
Guitar74
Gearhead

Just took the Cougar out yesterday. Fall really IS where it's at here in GA. I have no a/c in my Cougar, so it is mainly a three season car with summer being the main "time off" season. Same for the Galaxy. The LTD and the Tbird both have AC so they get more summer usage unless it is a country drive. The stop lights are so long in town that you can smell your undercarriage cooking before the light changes.

Rob1
Instructor

Nice collection Guitar74 what year is the Galaxy one of my favorites of my past purchases now gone was a 64 390.Yep stop lights is one thing that i don't miss we retired to the north the closest stop light is 60 miles north of us and one stop sign in between if i turn right(south) and get on the multi lane then 300 ish miles down the road is the next stop light at the Peace Bridge Buffalo NY LOL.Cheers
Guitar74
Gearhead

Thanks! The Galaxie is a '65. Little 289 between the fenders. Runs WAY too good to replace. Just a nice cruiser.