cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

75 MK IV at the Keystone summit ski lodge.

New Driver

75 MK IV75 MK IV

Highlighted

Re: Welcome to the Lincoln forum!

Pit Crew

Our friend Bill Kirchen is untouchable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-XJk-MUFc

The Titan of the Telecaster .... King of Dieselbilly The man Vintage Guitar Magazine calls " An American Treasure" Bill Kirchen twangin out the big one
Highlighted

Re: Enter our Hot Rod Lincoln contest!

New Driver

Not a Lincoln V-12.  Here is the second verse:

It's got a Lincoln motor and it's really souped up
That Model A Vitimix makes it look like a pup
It's got eight cylinders, uses them all
It's got overdrive, just won't stall

Highlighted

New Driver
Oooooooooooooops! I should have looked deeper. Looks like the original (1955) version WAS a V-12.
Highlighted

Pit Crew

Johnny Bond’s 1960 recording was very successfully covered by George Frayne (AKA Commander Cody) and the LPA. The iconic guitar lick was, iirc, done by Joe Maphis.

“Hot Rod Lincoln“ was an answer song to Arkie Shibley’s “Hot Rod Race”

Highlighted

New Driver

20200721_103249.jpg

 My 1979 Hot Rod Lincoln Town Coupe 

Highlighted

lincoln 1947

New Driver

my 47 hot rod full custom lincoln, all modern 5.0 litre lincoln auto power windows, power top, power steering, 4 wheel disc brakes mustang 2 front coil overs, and rear buggy spring replaced with nice long normal springs, and much more. this is a true hod rod lincoln.

Highlighted

New Driver

E916B463-99B6-4662-8DF5-31D73AEA89FA.jpeg

 here’s a beautiful car

Highlighted

New Driver

It's a work in progress...

1977 Lincoln Continental Mark V1977 Lincoln Continental Mark V

Highlighted

New Driver

I debated doing a video, but my cell phone camera is pretty terrible. The audio would probably be worse. Didn't stop me from dusting off Hot Rod Lincoln for the first time in a while though. 

This is my 1979 Lincoln Mark V with 28k original miles. Even the 8 track player still works, and I've built a Bluetooth adapter to jam some more recent tones through the original stereo. 

imagejpeg_0.jpg

My 1969 Lincoln Mark III was a labor of love for about 5 years, including new paint and interior. It still sports its original 460 4V and is a head-turner in and out of the car show circuit. 

IMG_0502.jpg

And this is the Fender Telecaster (lovingly known as the TeleBastard) I built to take along in the 1969 Mark III for car show season. You can't see it clearly, but there's even a small gold Lincoln logo under the bridge. 

20200722_101852.jpg