cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC - Vortech Supercharged

Pit Crew

Hot would love to throw her hat in the pile as a hotrod Lincoln!  She's earned it with her 390 RWHP original engine with a Vortech V3 SCi blower and all the necessary supporting mods that hide beneath her classic lines.  I've owned her since 2012 and she is now a show car, garage queen and robust advocate for all Lincoln Mark VIIIs. 

Here's an article and video from Prancing Ponies All Women Owned car show during Monterey Auto week...

https://drivetribe.com/p/monterey-car-week-prancing-ponies-MVTqxMwcRP6r0LQJ0NIbag?iid=dBTnGxlGSn2QGW...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_IYPFIlpKi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link  

Highlighted

Re: 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC - Vortech Supercharged

Community Manager

Oh now that is a beautiful Mark VIII!  Love the mods you have done. 

Highlighted

Pit Crew
Thank you, Sir!! Definitely a labor of love. Haha!!
Highlighted

Community Manager

I wish mine was as fast as yours, but it's just naturally aspirated with a few bolt ons. 

Highlighted

Pit Crew
I absolutely love that color! What a beauty!!!
Highlighted

Re: Welcome to the Lincoln forum!

New Driver

IMG_5392.JPGHi - I'd like to enter the Fender/Hot Rod Lincoln contest.  I don't have a vintage Lincoln in my fleet, but I thought true fans of Commander Cody and the song Hot Rod Lincoln would dig this photo from a few years ago.  That's guitarist Bill Kirchen behind me, the guy who's Telecaster licks propelled the Lost Planet Airmen for many years, and the guy who wrote the guitar lick for Hot Rod Lincoln.  Bill is an Ann Arbor kid, who played and toured with Commander Cody during their best years, and is known in guitar circles for his use of Teles - he coined the term (and wrote the song) "Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods" describing his favorite plank-style guitars.  Bill was famous for unbolting the neck on his Tele for airline travel - even installing threaded inserts in the body after he wore out the neck attachment holes.  The instrument we are playing is called a Kelly Pinecaster - built out of recycled wood from the NY Bowery district, and in this case, it's a fat neck, no truss rod, and a one-piece construction.  The photo is from 2018 in Traverse City, MI - we hired bill to play with a few local legends for a Nordic ski party we throw every year.  Bill was a fine gentleman and put on a heck of a show for us and remains a friend to this day.  

Highlighted

Re: Enter our Hot Rod Lincoln contest!

Community Manager

Of course I am not eligible to win, but I felt like sharing some of my Hot Rod Lincolns: 17311292_10154523104923269_1066470420920330498_o.jpg

My 95 Mark VIII with a full exhaust, tune, built trans, etc.  My fun daily driver. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 10.41.31 AM.png

1987 Mark VII GTC Stage I : the "Saleen" that was sold at Lincoln Mercury dealerships. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 10.41.58 AM.png

1983 Continental: all stock 5.0, not fast, but waaaay faster than a turbo diesel Mercedes. 

62062_3740235664783_1612925827_n.jpg

1979 Collector's Series Mark V: the old 400 cid motor was ditched for a stroker 460 with EFI and ton of more stuff.  

Highlighted

Pit Crew

My entry in the Hagerty Hot Rod Lincoln Contest.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted

Pit Crew

Right. I too am a drummer with perfect pitch. A professional drummer once gave me a great nickname:

"Russian N. Dragon."

Highlighted

Pit Crew

It's my friend Bill Kirchen playing the solos on the Commander Cody albums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-XJk-MUFc

The Titan of the Telecaster .... King of Dieselbilly The man Vintage Guitar Magazine calls " An American Treasure" Bill Kirchen twangin out the big one