cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guitar74
Technician

Downtime with Covid19

Thankfully I have been on a modified work schedule and am being paid. 

I was curious if anyone else has taken advantage and done a few things to their rides that needed done.

So far my '68 Cougar has gotten a new vent window. I converted the instrument panel to l.e.d., new trunk weatherstripping, new beltline weatherstripping, '67 window cranks in installed (I know they aren't correct, but they just look so much better than the '68 ones with the rubber knobs), corrected the toe in, and I re-clocked the steering wheel. 

We took her out for a two hour drive today which was nice. Really couldn't stop somewhere. Let me rephrase, they lifted the shelter in place order, but I just don't feel like taking chances as even with the shelter in place, people were still at parks, etc. My wife has a heart condition, and I have been asthmatic since birth so were both in the higher risk. Still, it was nice to get one of the cars out, and do what we were meant to do with them. That is ENJOY them.

6 REPLIES 6
Sajeev
Community Manager

The COVID 19 pandemic coincided with my new job here at Hagerty (so I now work from home) so I have been working regularly on my Cougar (1988) and my other Fords too.  Last week I noticed I needed a new ignition switch (not for the Cougar), ordered it from eBay (local vendor) and within two days the part was delivered to me and I never had to leave the house to fix that fire hazard before taking it out for a late night drive. I'm the same way, I drive no where because of my concerns with underlying health issues and what the virus might do...heck, I dont even roll the windows down 🙂 

So this time has been great for me, but I know that I am unbelievably fortunate to have it this easy. Many of my friends are not so fortunate. 

Guitar74
Technician

Fox body Cougar. Nice!! I had an 88 Tbird. Loved that car. 

Like you, I count myself very fortunate with my job because I still have one. Stay safe.

Sajeev
Community Manager

You too!  One day I want a 67-68 Cougar XR-7 in red to match mine. 

Guitar74
Technician

That is a really nice fox body cougar. The BBS style wheels really look good against that red. 

Sajeev
Community Manager

Thanks!  Yeah I got lucky, they were on a parts car that a friend of mine had, he just gave them to me. Took a lot of polishing to get them back to a decent state (they are 20 footers) but it's good enough considering the whole car needs paint too! 

Guitar74
Technician

Yesh, but you have a nice straight car to work with.