cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sajeev
Community Manager

Community Question: Your best junkyard score?

This week I want to know what's the best thing you found at the junkyard? 

What you see below isn't my best find (not sure what that is for me, as I get a lot of stuff there) but my most recent score is the super rare floor shifter and console for the Ford Crown Victoria (and its Panther Chassis counterparts).  It's pretty filthy but it's all there and will come out pretty nice after I give it a serious cleaning. I may sell it or keep it, not sure yet...but apparently these are hot commodities in the Panther Chassis world. 

148060130_10158140176303269_282246559285964740_o.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Guitar74
Technician

Sweet! It wasn't a junk yard score, but I managed to get a Chrysler A body a-833 four speed for $75 from a chevy guys parts pile.

Sajeev
Community Manager

It's always great to find that perfect part from a seller that might not know its value because they aren't into the brand in question! 

Guitar74
Technician

That's one of the beautiful things about being in Georgia. It's Chevy country around here so Mopar parts, while much fewer than central Illinois, you can sometimes find a deal like that four speed. Not all of the time, but occasionally. One day I will put it in my stepdad's Duster for him. Even if I have to rebuild it, which I will anyway, the casing is worth more than I spent on the whole thing.

Guitar74
Technician

Sorry, I meant to ask, "What's it going in?" 

Sajeev
Community Manager

Probably nothing, I saw it and called a friend and he said "buy it, you can make money on it!"  But you never know, the right Panther might come my way and I will regret selling it! 

Whatever, I am just glad I am saving it from the scrapper!!!

hyperv6
Instructor

An entire 65 GTO front clip in prime shape. 

gerald102413
New Driver

Not so long ago, I've purchased a driver side door panel for my Cadillac coupe "97" Eldorado in prestige condition despite being in the junkyard. One mans garbage is another mans treasure!!