cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Community Question: What was your automotive bright spot for 2020?

@Skodalicious made a great post about how his 2020 wasn't that bad, which begs the question: what was your automotive bright spot for this year? 

Mine?  Most definitely my Valentino project finally, after 20 years, going into the paint booth...much to my bank account's dismay: https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/project-valentino-the-restomod-that-actually-adde... 

37 REPLIES 37
Technician

When the guys at work ask if I ever ring out my motorcycle I tell them,"Until I feel my speed limiter hit me in the back of the head."

Advanced Driver

2021's Gotta be an awesome year compared to 2020. I am almost through with the 260 V8 for my 64 Falcon Futura. Runnin a 289 now but the original motor is almost complete and ready to be installed.

Advanced Driver

Is that coffee or a bloody marry in that cup?

Advanced Driver

Don't know about the SI, but your spot on about enjoying the car. Trailers are made for a last resort. 

Detailer

2020 blew in a ton of ways but for us we had a lot of freed up time no family commitment's/get togethers/entertaining etc etc and for the first time in a very long time put over 5K miles on the Vette loads of turn and burn day trips lunch/beverages packed just cruzin and sight seeing,me and the misses had a great time it was like early days with little pressing to do over the past winter the Vette had a three month massage and was up for the tours with no issues and is in my shop on stands getting this winters full attention.Cheers RCorvette 2013 008.jpgmy addictionmy addiction 

Advanced Driver

Fine ride Rob1, Good to hear you put some miles on her. (the car) I can hardly get my gal to ride with me since she has her own now.  We're down to just two now. Sortta like a his and hers kinda thing. Not vettes by any stretch but fun cars none the less. Hers, 63 Falcon Futura convertible, Mine 64 Falcon Futura  two door hardtop. There are some pics of them floating around on this site somewhere. The gulf coast storms of 2020 kicked our butts and lost all our electronics. Still trying to recover. Happy new Year.

Detailer

Falcon was my introduction to fast cars,my uncle(mothers brother) was a crazy guy my Dad always said irresponsible he was into the street racing scene and ordered a 64 or 65 cant remember for sure but it was a 2dr HT with a 289/271hp V8 4sp that when it came into the dealership was sent down the street to a performance shop and Dad said he spent like half again as much having it hot rodded even more.When i was a kid he would come to visit and take me for a boot man that car was fast and he could go thru the gears like nobody's business it left a impression on me.Many years  later i bought a 88 Fox body and spent my money on go fast goodies and my uncle yet in his twilight years wanted me to take him for a boot he said it was the closest thing to riding his old Falcon high revving gear smasher.LOL Cheers Rob

Advanced Driver

Thanks for the reply Rob1, Falcons are in my blood/heritage. I've always loved them in any form or fashion. My 64 was originally a 260 ci ( I have the motor built and on the stand) but for now runnin a 289. Light cam, headers and other bolt on speed mods. Plenty fast enough for me at this stage (66 yrs old). My wife has the 63 convert. I would say approx 90% original and unrestored. It was a California car, transplanted to Texas and now resides in southern Alabama. I am desperate to restore it but she says Nay-Nay. She did let me rebuild the carb but other than that she won't let me touch it. Thanks again for the reply and have a Happy new year.