cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sajeev
Community Manager

Community Question: Ever photographed your car in a unique setting?

@WRLotus had a great idea for a Community Question: post photos of your car in a unique setting.

In WRLotus' own words:

“I started this thread after going through the pictures posted from the Drive at Dawn (still working my way through - there are a lot of great cars). I enjoy seeing the cars that others clearly cherish but started thinking that people must have a lot of other great shots that only come up on odd occasions. So at the risk of duplicating another picture thread, let's see shots of members' cars in unique settings.”

What makes a setting unique?  Well, how often do you see a car parked in front of a beautiful landscape or a charming downtown street?

Those don’t count, we all do that. Be creative.

To wit, here’s a shot of my 1989 Continental Signature Series with its video game counterpart…sadly I don't think I can make a photo this unique with any other car in my stable!Me livin' the San Andreas dream!Me livin' the San Andreas dream!

14 REPLIES 14
zebrabob
Pit Crew

Mustang with Blue Angel 5 Very Large2.JPGMy 1966 Ford Mustang with Blue Angel #5 at USCG Air Station Traverse City.

Sajeev
Community Manager

Now THAT is impressive! 

WRLotus
Detailer

@Sajeev , much better way of doing this!

To repeat, here is the one I started with - Lotus Europa reflected in the side of a very shiny '37 Packard.

20190504_122908.jpg

Sajeev
Community Manager

I love that photo!  Thanks for hopping over to this thread! 

Lou
Pit Crew

A9659819-E7D8-4BF5-B0E0-28CFCED80A07.jpeg

Ready for takeoff at one of the original airports in NYC!

NITRO450EXP
Instructor

Here is a few.

20200827_194027.jpg

20200815_165648.jpg

20190726_185821.jpg

JimR
Instructor

I was just explaining to someone else here that I’m a pretty boring guy. I often have trouble “creating” a sandwich, so this is about as “creative” as I get...

AE530186-7A89-4BA6-BD29-2C25C750B1EC.png

18027CDC-FA39-4693-BC8C-8E963B211883.png

KacyS
New Driver

Eugene and I found a covered bridge in Northern Michigan. IMG_3262.jpg

Guitar74
Gearhead

Love the GTA representation! Hilarious!

Guitar74
Gearhead

We live about an hour from the abandoned town turned movie set turned tourist trap called Juliette, GA which is where they filmed Fried Green Tomatoes. Somewhere I have a puc of my wife standing in front of her Tbird parked in front of the Whistle Stop Cafe. O gotta post that one when I find it.

hyperv6
Gearhead

Summit Racing Retail Store on the turn table.Summit Racing Retail Store on the turn table.

PurePontiac71
New Driver

PurePontiac71_0-1601561275396.jpeg

hyperv6
Gearhead

1C5B2D92-620D-44EF-8EDF-A6DAEB858174.jpegSons Soap Box Derby car racing under Goodyear Blimp Wingfoot 3

Torino
Advanced Driver

yes! i photographed my car in the parking lot of a dollar general in elmira ny about 5 yrs. ago. it was this time of year and they were having a 'super saver' event . blowing out pool supplies, patio seat cushions and bar - b - q supplies. i got 2  big bags of kingsford  for just 2 bucks!  it rained and i was shooting with my trusty ol' pentax k-1000. I lost the film unfortunately.( fuji 400 is getting harder and harder to find too ) but it was unique! does that count?