cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sajeev
Community Manager

Community Question: Can you share with us your wedding "drive-away car" for February?

We have a very simple request for members of the Hagerty Community: Can you share with us your wedding "drive-away car" with everyone here to celebrate Valentine's Day? 

If you need help uploading a photo, please click here

Hagerty DriveShareHagerty DriveShare

129 REPLIES 129
MDD39571
New Driver

62 Ford Falcon

thetossedtool
Intermediate Driver

'63 was my first car!  190ci six, 2 speed auto.

ecuriekansas
Pit Crew

Merc 300TD rattled us from the church.

Todd_Z
Intermediate Driver

My '69 Ford Bronco.  Same vehicle I took my driving test in 30 years earlier, went on my first date in 28 years earlier, and which I still drive today.

vtfl
New Driver

My wife and I were married in June 1973 in a field with a big tent on the family farm in Vermont. After the festivities  we left the field in a small air plane and flew about 6 miles to a small airport where we had our '69 Olds Cutlass S convertible waiting. Off we went on our honeymoon to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. A beautiful day!

thetossedtool
Intermediate Driver

'66 Volvo 122s'66 Volvo 122s

Got married in 77.  We left in this '66 122s.  Kept the car until 2012.  Still have the bride, though I often question what she sees in me!  😀

r32rennsport
Pit Crew

Looks like we have the '66 in common! Clean Swede!

barrymedlock
New Driver

1971 Mercury Cougar brand new 1 week before we were married

RedRyder_SFZ
Detailer

Another fantastic customer appreciation article by Sajeev….

I love you, man…I really do.

My wife and I drove away from Po’ipu beach in a red two door rental Jeep hard top convertible. Thanks to our family and friends, the doors, fenders, quarters, lights, hood and glass were graffiti(ed) in white shoe polish. The shoe polish baked in the sun for two weeks and wouldn’t come off…luckily when we returned it, they weren’t upset. It would have been pricey to have it removed. 

We had fun driving around the island in a red jeep with white graffiti. You couldn’t miss us. Sorry no photo….I’ll work on it. 
Aloha Sajeev

Sajeev
Community Manager

Right back atcha @RedRyder_SFZ, feel the love from the Hagerty-universe beaming down upon you. That's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. 

Rick2
Instructor

We left the justice of the peace in a Suzuki Samurai. put the Suzuki on it's side and the wife on her back.

BillyBuick
Intermediate Driver

That was really funny...good sense of humor.

kimb
Pit Crew

Mom let us use her car for the day.  An orange '73 Vette.  Would rather have driven my uncle's '68 but it did just fine...... We were back to driving a U-haul to grad school by Monday.

Eric_ZL1
New Driver

My dad's best friend had a '93 Corvette which was an honor to drive  (I finally got my Corvette in 2017) - my wife's wedding dress barely fit in the car... this was '94.  IMG_0677.jpg

oldfordguy
New Driver

1950 Chevy Fastback.  Married at the Little Brown Church in the Vale.

Married for 63 years before I lost her.

Jdirt
New Driver

47 Indian chief

VintageBob
New Driver

1963 409 with 3 2barrel carbs, 411 gears in a Chevy Belair wagon with 3sp Hurst floor shifter and Monroe shocks 

Mikey42
New Driver

In 1967, I purchased a Pontiac Firebird 326 HO with automatic transmission because I couldn't teach my dear wife to be how to drive my Valiant convertible with 273 Hypo V8 and four speed tranny. I had to make a difficult decision but it turned out to be probably a wise decision. Fifty five years later, I still drive my 67 Firebird which we used as our family vehicle for ten years and drove on our honeymoon in 1968. The bird has the original drive train, and the source of enjoyment every time I drive it. Many happy memories come to life every time I drive it. It has probably afforded me many fewer speeding tickets than the Valiant, but she's been a great car.     

PTP
New Driver

1974 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser

1959Imperial
Intermediate Driver

In 1988 my now ex-wife and I had a group of neat cars in the wedding. My best man drove his '58 Impala, next drove his 63 Dodge Polara 500 and another drove his '63 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible. I drove my late friends '78 New Yorker St Regis Coupe. Three years later he died and I was going through my divorce. A person bought it and I lost contact until 15 years later. I was an hour away and I purchased it and own it to this day.100_0396.JPG

daspilde
New Driver

Just Married.jpg

BillyBuick
Intermediate Driver

!971 Chevy Monte Carlo.

Bought this brand new. The biggest bomb I ever owned. On the way home from the dealership The trans would not shift. There was no Tranny fluid in the car.

The marriage was a hell of a lot better than the car.

CptStone
New Driver

E76719C3-B099-4AE0-AFDC-B84990FB6DF8.jpeg

my 68 Firebird 400 just like this one!

VistaSkinnyMan
Pit Crew

January, 22, 1972 - 1969 Mustang Mach 1 bought new in Casper, Wyoming December 1968. Still in my possession. Just celebrated 50th anniversary. 

GRP_Photo
Instructor

Been married twice. The last time, we drove away in a 1989 Nissan 4WD Hardbody pickup. My first wife and I walked home from the first one.

bal819
New Driver

Late 90's Chrysler Sebring lent to us by my husband's grandmother

1998-Chrysler-Sebring-FrontSide_CRSBC981_505x370.jpg

duketx
New Driver

Married in 1978, scampewred away to Galveston in a 1975 Camaro.

Carguyrick
New Driver

1974 Pontiac LeMans sport coupe!

Grandmax
New Driver

1968 MGB Roadster British Racing Green. Skis on the boot 

GordonH1
Pit Crew

A 1969 Renault 8 Gordini, bought about a week before the wedding. Kept it hidden until the last minute but my friends still managed to tincan and label it.

autbone
Intermediate Driver

1968 Dodge Coronet R/T (440/auto)1968 Dodge Coronet R/T (440/auto)

My new bride and I drove off in this; my 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T. The wedding was 1997; I bought the almost-running car in 1989 and spent all my available time restoring it to factory original. My wife called it "Black Beauty!" Sadly, it has since been sold (marriage/kids/house/etc) but I put a LOT of miles on it and enjoyed every trip that didn't leave me stranded!

Truck37
Pit Crew

We drove from central Illinois to Toronto in a 1973 TR6 that I bought 3 months before the wedding. 1973 TR6.jpg 

Boeingpilot
Intermediate Driver

Rented Lincoln Town Car with my best man at the wheel 

Tpoland56
Pit Crew

First wedding was a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow. Sweet ride, bad marriage. 

Number 2 was a 83 Buick Riviera. Another Sweet ride and a marriage that has lasted 31 years and counting. 

79Corvette
New Driver

1978 BMW 320i bought new together before we got married in Sept 1978. My wife is French Canadian and I am English Canadian, so we drove to Quebec City for the first half of the honeymoon then drove to Toronto for the second half. Made the trip from Quebec to Toronto in 5 hours. My wife is still putting up with me and now I have a 1979 Corvette for fun and she has a 2021 Paddy Hopkirk Mini Cooper S. That's my better half with the BMW.My wife and the BMWMy wife and the BMW

STOGIE
Pit Crew

Our 1965 VW Bug! Still have it-it's part of the ever growing car family!506A1911.jpeg

kenlichtig
Pit Crew

1st marriage 1976 AMC Pacer X   Married in 1979, Widower in 1998

2nd marriage 1999 Olds Bravada Remarried in 2000, Widower in 2007

3rd marriage 2005 Honda Civic EX Remarried in 2008, 13 years at counting

jg49
New Driver

Married in 1973. Wedding drive-way car was 1969 MGBGT. We still own it and I should have it restored by next year for our 50th anniversary. 

hyperv6
Racer

We had my ex girlfriends dads new Fleetwood Cadillac 

How you may ask I pulled that one off. Well I liked the family and the family liked me. She was the only one that I did not get along with. 

So when I got married my best man was her brother. He was worried when we broke up that we would not be friends. I told him I was his friend because I liked him not because I dated his sister. 

Her mom make us candy for all the tables at the wedding.. 

She was the one that broke it off and in the end she really did me a big favor. I am so much better off in my life with my wife.  But I still have good friends in the past family. 

deltahawk
New Driver

freshly returned from 2 tours in Vietnam, we used my 1966 GTO 4 speed 389. God I wish I had that car back.

WoodGuy64
New Driver

Our wedding in 1988. 61 T Bird, 61 Cadillac, 56 Oldsmobile

WoodGuy64_1-1644517785663.jpeg

friscosteve
New Driver

'61 Ford Sunliner white with red interior, drove from Carmel to LA

mtgibby
Pit Crew

We were starving college students (Purdue) at the time, so it was my daily driver 1988 Toyota Camry that we drove home from the Chicago Temple in. 27+ years and still going strong. (The marriage, not the car) Sold the car years later while stationed in CT, kept the wife!

WoodGuy64
New Driver

My daughter's wedding with my 51 Chevy 3100 Pickup Hot Rod.

WoodGuy64_2-1644518008147.jpeg

FlyingD
Pit Crew

64 1/2 all decked out and ready to go.64 1/2 all decked out and ready to go.

My youngest brother, and my father in law.My youngest brother, and my father in law.Got married in 1971, with our 64 1/2 mustang coupe with a bench seat.  Celebrated 50 years in 2021, with a 1965 coupe.!965 Mustang Coupe!965 Mustang Coupe

Euphonium
Pit Crew

39 Chev Master DeLuxe 4door . Married 9/11/54.

FlyingD
Pit Crew

Unfortunately I do not have the car any more. Nor have many pictures from the 70’s when we did have the car (or at least have yet to locate in many boxes of slides, negatives, and photos – an ongoing project.

However, let me know a few more details on what you mean by share, and I can definitely share a story with what I have.

Jan

Sent from Mail for Windows
BobinVA
Pit Crew

When my wife and I got married in 1968, I was driving a silver smoke gray 1965 Mustang Fastback.  I was concerned that my buddies and others would "decorate" it with white shoe polish which might damage the paint, so I enlisted the help of my soon-to-be brother-in-law.  That morning, before the wedding, he followed me to a "super secret" shopping mall parking lot where I left my car.  Then, he brought me back home and I rode to our wedding with my Mom and Dad.  When my wife and I were ready to leave, my new brother-in-law pulled around in his "woody" Mercury station wagon, picked us up, and drove to the parking lot where my car was parked.  My '65 Mustang escaped unscathed and we left in it on our honeymoon.  So, my "drive away car" was really two cars.

Still have my dream wife, but not the '65 Mustang.  However, years later was able to purchase my dream car, a 1966 Shelby GT350, which I still have.  Life is good!Wedding Car.jpg1965 Mustang 006.jpg 

alfredxm
New Driver

1966 toyota land cruiser!