cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Your handy 1967-69 Chevrolet Camaro buyer's guide | Hagerty Media

It's one thing to fire back when your biggest competitor makes something as groundbreaking as the Mustang "pony car," but it's another thing entirely to kick off a half-century-long rivalry. Far more than a platform with roots in the Chevrolet Nova, the Chevrolet Camaro was an impressive package with plenty of options for personalization and high-performance prowess.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/your-handy-1967-69-chevrolet-camaro-buyers-guide/
11 REPLIES 11
jcav48
Pit Crew

I'm not an expert, but as I recall, 1967 Z-28's did not have any engine badges on their fenders.(which would have been near the doors on a '67). The 3 photos in this article that show '67 Z-28's back this up.
Sajeev
Community Manager

I think you are right, I am making that change now! 

Smokefoot55
Intermediate Driver

Good informational video. However, some of the information is technically incorrect. The 1st gen Camaro arrived as a '67 model. The first Chevy II that used many of the same components was a '68 model. So it would be more correct to say that the Chevy II utilized many Camaro components rather than the other way around. The '62 to '67 Chevy II's were significantly different.
cdkrek
Intermediate Driver

Except the Camaro, rushed to market to compete with the Mustang, used bits from the ‘68 Chevy II, which was already in development.
oldmustangs49
Pit Crew

My Dad bought a new 67 Camaro in Granada Gold, matching interior with a bench seat, power steering, exterior decor group, tinted glass, Posi-traction, Powerglide, and 327/275 HP. Very fun car for a 16 year-old. Hard to believe this was our daily driver until 1970 when he traded it off for a 67 Pontiac Catalina with A/C. Guessing it would be rare (not expensive rare)with those options but no idea whatever became of the car. The Camaro retail price was around $3200 and we got it for $2700. MY Dad always thought my brothers and I tricked him into getting that big motor, which was around $43 extra.
Rich8
Intermediate Driver

I owned a 69 SS as a younger man Olympic gold with endura bumper, sold the car when we had children and too expensive to maintain (on my paycheck at that time) with engine updates. Always wanted it back....but 45 years later I purchased a 69 Z/28 which we did a complete body off restoration on. And guess what it was Olympic gold with an endura bumper with original 302 and many drive line components. Re-living my youth cruising about (when weather permits) still have the same wife...although she is not as impressed with reliving years ago.....but I'am hanging on to this one (the car that is)
Waterboy1KHY80
Intermediate Driver

60's Camaro's with hidden headlights any model (with V8) and virtually ANY 69, YES!. I have never talked to anyone who didn't like the 69, non - car people like them, and the rest of us would consider it a must have for our collections (dreaming here). Love these presentations, Thanks Hagerty. Spring may be here? Time to dream of getting my tire burners back out, God bless summer.
Swamibob
Instructor

Good article Sajeev!

Here's an Insurance question or possibly a value question: With the availability of reproduction bodies available for both Camaros and Mustangs, and a couple other cars now: How does that weigh on the value and insurability of a new Camaro body, with an old VIN? How about as a completely new car with a VIN issued by a particular state? Thank you!
Sajeev
Community Manager

GREAT question! I am sending this over to some folks internal to Hagerty, hang tight! 

Darold
Hagerty Employee

Hey @Swamibob! From an insurability standpoint, having a reproduction body would not effect eligibility, or detract from overall value in most cases. Same goes with vehicles that have had a new, state assigned VIN. If you have more specific eligibility questions, feel free to give us a call and one of our licensed agents would be happy to help!

Swamibob
Instructor

Thank you both Darold and Sajeev! I appreciate the insight.