cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Wrenchin' Wednesday: Craft your own bead crimping pliers | Hagerty Media

Wander deep enough down a project rabbit hole, and you're likely to wind up requiring custom plumbing of some sort. There's a New York Subway's worth of piping and tubing under the hood of just about everything nowadays, and whether you're replacing bad hard lines or just relocating components during a build, that piping will often involve a connection between tube and hose, usually secured by some sort of screw clamp.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/wrenchin-wednesday-craft-your-own-bead-crimping-p...
8 REPLIES 8
Wolf
Pit Crew

Do you have a pic of what the plier jaws look like after grinding
Tinkerah
Technician

It's the first photo.
Wolf
Pit Crew

Omg lol
Thank you, I’m going to make one
F360Spider
Detailer

He should wear gloves...
Tinkerah
Technician

Not necessary for chop saw or bench grinder though they never hurt.
DublD
Intermediate Driver

Damn, never thought of cutting down a crimping pliers like that. I've found that a double flaring tool can used to put a bead on transmission lines, return power steering line, low pressure fuel line, just by doing the first step where it creates the 'bubble'. Stop when the bubble is the size you want.
61Rampy
Advanced Driver

Very clever idea!
jaysalserVW
Detailer

Kudos, Phillip, for your ingenuity! I'm sure that it took time to accomplish the work--in the end you can
sit to rejoice in your handiwork. It may not be like sitting to look at your freshly manicured lawn--but on the satisfaction scale, you scored a hundred!