cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Brian Makse and why is he here?

Although I've been writing and producing video content about cars for a decade, I still hear that same question, "Who is Brian Makse and why is he here?" Lately, that query has much to do with my splitter guard obsession, but I digress.

I was asked to introduce myself to you, dear readers, by way of a biographical account. My path isn’t what anyone would consider normal and writing about oneself is never easy, yet here I am.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/the-elsinore-files/who-is-brian-makse-and-why-is-he-here/

Replies (13)

Replies (13)

Strange Brew, perhaps?

Passenger

Your "makeshift" racing helmet sure looks like a hockey helmet covered in tinfoil.  I'd expect nothing less.

Intermediate Driver

Welcome Brian!  Looking forward to reading your articles from a Canadian perspective.

Passenger

Why Canada?

New Driver

Although I am from Southern California, I had the privilege of racing at Westport in British Columbia in 1983 and several time in this century at Mission Raceway in my Bill Thomas Cheetah. It was always a pleasure to compete north of the border.

New Driver

Welcome fellow Canuck!

Passenger

Looking forward to your perspective.

Best wishes,

BH

New Driver

Fantastic. Looking forward to more CanCon!

Pit Crew

Welcome to the team Brian 🙂

New Driver

Certainly hope that your articles

“ Take off eh ! “

Passenger

shouldn't that headline photo be of james street at the top of the hamilton escarpment?

Passenger

Ummm, Elsinore... as in short course off-road truck venue, BMX and MX tracks, or vintage dirt bikes of a certain color..?

Passenger

Elsinore Files... would the real Bob and Doug McKenzie please stand up.

Navigator