cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

What If? 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Cobra R

Welcome to What If, a new feature from imaginative illustrator Abimelec Arellano and Hagerty. We'll be taking you back in time-and possibly forward into the future-to meet alternative-universe automobiles. Even better, our time machine is working well enough to bring "short take" reviews along with the photographs and advertisements.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/what-if/what-if-2000-ford-crown-victoria-cobra-r/
8 REPLIES 8
CitationMan
Instructor

I love Mr. Arellano’s inventiveness and design sensibility. If Ford can slap the Mustang name on that Mach E thing, why not a Crown Vic Cobra?
DaveFla
Pit Crew

Don’t want this as much as the 2014 TC in blue/blue, but it’d have been fun!
SJ
Advanced Driver

Where can I get one? I believe the reduced top speed was due to the driveshaft.
MATTMERICA
Instructor

just beef up a Marauder, same diff
Eldoon
New User

I have a "what-if" 1977 Granada GT - Ford never saw fit to make one, so I had to make my own! It's a black two-door sporting Cragar SS mags. It has EFI with an Explorer upper/lower intake, 70mm mass air meter/TB, stock HO roller cam, GT40p heads, "K" code 289 hi-po exhaust manifolds, T-5, Truetrac, 3.55 gears, four wheel disc brakes, Global West upper/lower control arms, roller spring perches, adjustable strut rods, 1.25" front and 3/4" rear sway bars, 1972 Torino hood scoop, hood twist locks. Very peppy, handles like it's on rails - fun to drive and nice to look at, too. Wherever I go, it's always the only one even though Granadas were common as muck when they were in production.
TG
Instructor

I like these articles, and I don't know what the limitations of the software are, but I think some of these car pics miss the mark. I would tend to expect a better/complete set of ground effects, flared wheel wells, a more body contoured spoiler... and oh yeah - a hood
SuperDeLuxe
Detailer

Where's the R-spec Windstar? I want ground effects, blown 3.0, 6-speed, 280hp, jellybean-shaped nirvana!! Oh yeah, nearly forgot the second row racing seats and 5-point harnesses.
61Rampy
Detailer

Poor Spaniel Felson! He has the worst luck! I'm really surprised he still has a job!