cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What If? 1966 Ford F-100 Lightning

The humble “pick-’em-up truck,” familiar to most as the daily conveyance of plumbers, pipefitters, and other tradesmen, has certainly been putting on airs lately. Consider, if you will, Ford’s “F-100,” a common example of the breed. Last year, it acquired a “Twin I-Beam” front suspension device, presumably meant to reduce the bouncing of wrenches and whatnot in the workman’s cabin during operation. The advisability of such a change seems dubious; surely the average laborer possesses no princess-in-the-pea sensitivity to potholes whatsoever and will merely use the resulting additional road-handling compliance to increase the speed at which he returns to his domicile at the end of the day to indulge in a typical evening of drunkenness, spousal abuse, and consumption of low-class music by “The Beat-les,” “Muddied Waters,” and so forth.

Nevertheless, the Ford Motor Company’s irresponsible gratification of the proletariat appears to be proceeding apace with the introduction of a “F-100 Lightning” truck.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/what-if/what-if-1966-ford-f-100-lightning/

Replies (2)

Replies (2)

I'm pretty close to a Lightening. I have a 65' Mercury stepside with the lungs of an 87' Mustang makin er go! It's an EFI with the original 3 in the tree. My dad bought her new and I still got it today. She is a blast to rat around in.

Passenger

It looks a lot like the Crown Hick truck built by Hot Rod garage. And it probably attains the same irresponsible speeds !

New Driver