cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well spoken: A brief history of BBS wheels

BBS wheels have adorned some of the coolest classic and modern-classic cars of recent times. They’ve even helped steer the likes of Michael Schumacher to Formula 1 World Championships, with both Benetton and Ferrari, but on the even of its 50th anniversary the German company has filed for bankruptcy protection. It’s the third time in 13 years.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/well-spoken-a-brief-history-of-bbs-wheels/

Replies (5)

Replies (5)

I for one, am not surprised to see their demise.  Yes, they designed some nice wheels and rode the wave of popularity.  But their customer service was dreadful as was their parts support.  

Pit Crew

Sounds like the company was riding high until the wheels fell off.  Thank you, you've been great.  I'll show myself out now.

Intermediate Driver

Great article on some great wheels. You forgot to mention the iconic gold BBS Subaru used in its WRC campaign and continued to the street with in their infamous STi. 

New Driver

BBS HQ in America is located just down the road from Road Atlanta.  Let's hope that it comes out of this mess.

Pit Crew

Jim Hall regrets the fact that he never secured the intellectual property rights for the cross-spoked cast aluminum wheels on his Chaparral racers, that BBS pretty much copied.

Pit Crew