cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

Watch a Ford Galaxie go from zero to hero at Goodwood Speedweek

Goodwood Speedweek offered up an incredible three days of race and rally action on the historic British circuit. Among the highlights were former F1 champion Damon Hill driving his father Graham Hill’s 1964 BRM and rally champ Stig Blomqvist taking the checkered flag at the age of 72 ... Catch the full news on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/watch-a-ford-galaxie-go-from-zero-to-hero-at-goodwood-speedweek/

5 REPLIES 5
OldRoad
Instructor

63 fastback Galaxy was by far the best looking of the galaxy series. Great road course action video. The red Cortina was not an easy pass which leads me to question the Galaxy's power. 406 or 427? My guess is the later.

CJinSD
Advanced Driver

It seems worth noting that the overall winner of the 2020 St. Mary's Trophy was a 1963 Studebaker Lark Daytona over another Ford Galaxie 500. Incidentally, the only reason Tordoff was braking earlier than the Cortina drivers was because he was going so much faster. His apex speeds were the same. 

Lowride
Passenger

My dad had a '63 galaxie...

gdelfium
New Driver

I can only imagine what the driver of a Cortina or Mini must be thinking when that Galaxie fills up the rear view mirror on a sharp braking corner.

ACE_Sonoma
Detailer

Great Coverage, Great Run, and an Epic Drive through the Grass for the Podium!

UP the COLONIES!