cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vellum Venom: 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S

Tesla undoubtedly made electrified vehicles a performance/luxury status symbol and a statement of environmental consciousness. This new take on snob appeal in the face of a progressive, electrified future mirrors the forgotten history of the Ford Model K. That massive, six-cylinder touring car sold well enough to keep FoMoCo afloat (i.e. contributing the lion’s share of profits) while Henry’s boffins were knee-deep in mass-market Model T machinations. So let’s embrace next Model K generation of electrified luxury superiority: the Porsche Taycan Turbo S, with an as-tested price of $205,000.

The Taycan has miles of presence, thanks to decades of design DNA stemming from the stillborn Porsche 989 prototype. Let’s examine the new Emperor’s clothes with a run over the vellum.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/vellum-venom-2020-porsche-taycan-turbo-s/

Replies (2)

Replies (2)

Definitely some questionable details. Most of all the lower front fender / rocker area. If only that photo was given there's no chance I would have thought that was on a $100+ car. Truly, as you mentioned, it shows that someone could build  car that looks like this for a much more affordable price.

Thanks as always for taking the time to put this together. VV always shocks me how intensely interesting tiny details you spot can be.

New Driver

meh ...

Pit Crew