cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing the colorful, surprising history of Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

I was on a podcast recently and part of the conversation centred around the notion of using familiar corners as points of reference when learning a new track. I'm one of thousands who use the technique, but my racing education was different than that of most drivers. My home track is Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP), and I learned much of my craft there.

Sure, the Nürburgring Nordschleife may be more complex, and Road America and Road Atlanta are nearly as fast, but CTMP’s ten-corner Mosport Grand Prix circuit presents a unique set of challenges. Many Canadian racing drivers who proved successful on tracks all over the world started here, 20 kilometres north of Bowmanville, Ontario. Even when I was young, the adage ran: “If you can go fast at Mosport, you can go fast anywhere.”

Conceived in 1958 by the British Empire Motor Club, the organization established a company called Mosport Limited to construct a road racing circuit an hour or so east east of Toronto.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorsports/tracing-the-colorful-surprising-history-of-canadian-tire-m...

View Entire Topic

Excellent story, as I'm coming to expect from you.  I saw Peter Revson win the '73 Canadian GP in the rain there, Jackie Stewart's last race.  I'm glad they haven't changed the layout.

You might want to fix the "east east".

Intermediate Driver