cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Toyota Tundra revealed with hybrid option, LT5 small-block is scarce, Porsche jumps back in time

Intake: After months of teasers, detail images, and rumors, Toyota has lifted the silk on the all-new 2022 full-size Tundra pickup. The big news is in the engine bay, where a twin-turbo 3.5-liter DOHC V-6 produces either 389 horsepower and 479 lb-ft. of torque unassisted, or a whopping 437 hp and 583 lb-ft.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2021-09-20/
7 REPLIES 7
bradfa
Intermediate Driver

The Tundra seems like Toyota listened to all the complaints and addressed pretty much all of them. It'll be interesting to see what the real-life payload ratings are, especially on CrewMax with 6.5' bed trucks, as the existing CrewMax Tundra was often put to shame regarding payload even by the Honda Ridgeline.
MATTMERICA
Technician

Hopefully the gas mileage improved as well, it was also lagging everything else in the segment
MATTMERICA
Technician

Regarding the nissan treasure trove - the link states the cars and parts must be removed to a NON CONTIGUOUS COUNTRY upon release, so Canada is out.
Germanicus
Detailer

FWIW I don't think Toyota is especially motivated to win conquest sales from the Big 3. The Tundra has sold a steady 100K units per year to Toyota Guys since the Great Recession, and Toyota doesn't need the Tundra to pay the bills like the Big 3 need their trucks to do so.
MustangJim
Advanced Driver

I think its a good redesign on the Tundra, hopefully will sell more then the current one. Toyota has been relying on Camry sales and those are down as all sedans are. I guess the Rav-4 is picking up the slack, but they need a more competitive truck in my opinion.
JohninNC
Advanced Driver

I dunno, I don't love the Tundra design, maybe a little more sleek/ slick of a look. I hope they don't blow the new 4runner design.
1968malibu
Pit Crew

That Toyota grill is ridiculous. A truck should have a front bumper or at least something resembling one.