cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota’s 1990–99 MR2 (SW20) packs a supercar punch on a Camry budget

We can all agree mid-engine cars are awesome. However, if you’re in the market for a mid-engine car that won’t break your budget, there aren’t many options. Among most mid-engine models, you will need to sacrifice reliability or performance to get a good deal. That’s not the case with the second-generation Toyota MR2 (SW20). Where else can you get supercar-tier performance, legendary build quality, and everyday practicality, all packaged in a timeless design?

Let’s dig deeper to figure out what makes this car so great.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/valuation/toyotas-1990-99-mr2-sw20-packs-a-supercar-punch-on-a-camry-b...

Replies (4)

Replies (4)

I paid $10k in 2002 for my '94 N/A with 49k on the clock.

Local Toyota dealer will give me $8k on trade right now.

Fun part is few people today know what it is!

Passenger

Always looked good, to me.

Intermediate Driver

I recently sold a #2 1995 NA for $8800. I know it was worth more but it was time. The wife and I were beginning to get tired of the fall in and climb out low seating. It sucks to get old!

Pit Crew

I guess I'm letting my generation down (X), but I can't really get excited over these cars, they still seem like "new" cars to me.  I sort of like the first MR2 only because it was so different at the time. For a car that could also be a daily driver I guess one of these would be a good choice, but for a fun hobby car, I'm just not drawn to it. Maybe it is a European car bias, but then I really liked the Buick Grand National when it came out, so maybe it's something else...

Pit Crew