cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Top Secret tuner: Skyline GT-R "650R" is a JDM golden child | Hagerty Media

Though the Nissan Skyline first appeared in the mid-1960s, it wasn't until the '89 Nissan Skyline GT-R that Nissan's flagship car catapulted to legendary status among sports car fans. Just like its predecessors, the R32-generation Skyline retains a straight-six engine layout.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/top-secret-r32-650r-gold/
8 REPLIES 8
Greg_I
Advanced Driver

The comparison of Smoky Nagata and Caroll Shelby was spot on! Both are absolute tuning legends. Nice to see some enthusiasm for Top Secret’s creations over here.

Gary_Bechtold
Instructor

Nice to know the car is in Texas. Maybe I'll get lucky and see it one day.
Greg_I
Advanced Driver

That would be amazing of you did!

tahend
Detailer

Beautiful car.
Lightning1
Detailer

I used to go to Narita that is in Chiba quite often. There was a hot rod shop just outside of Narita that built some really impressive cars. I don't know if this was the same shop or not, but they had a lot of Skylines there.
gacocks
New Driver

The Godzilla name was given to the R32 in Australia by Wheels magazine in 1989. The GT-R easily conquered the Australian Touring Car Championship, changing the face of motor racing in Australia. A wonderful car in all respects. In those days, the stock version was unbeatable - tuners not required!
Gary6
Pit Crew

My friend has the same year Skyline, (not modded by Smoky though !) and I have a 94 Supra.
We go to car meets together, usually parked side by side as the JDM section LOL.
The Top Secret Skyline is awesome for sure.
MATTMERICA
Advanced Driver

These Skylines are around much more than you would think. I went to speed shop in Richmond VA one weekend for a dyno pull on one of my trucks and this was the only place that had a 4WD dyno. I get there early and the guy who opens it up gives me a 45 second tour of the place and I see not 1 but 2 Skylines in the back. Both were in for work, and he said they normally have 2-3 in the back at all times. While the engines may be agreeable to high hp output, many have serious issues once they hit 650 hp......the two that were in the shop were there for that vague reason lol