cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This Zonda-engined Isdera Commendatore is the wildest '90s supercar you've never heard of | Hagerty Media

Supercar history is chock full of legendary badges-Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Jaguar, just to name a few. There have also been plenty of upstarts that, despite big ambitions, came and went without ever becoming household names. Remember Vector, Venturi, or Cizeta? Yes? Well, how about Isdera?
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/this-zonda-engined-isdera-commendatore-is-the-wildest-90s...
6 REPLIES 6
compaqdeskpro
Pit Crew

Very cool, its like an alternate universe 90's Carrera GT.
JohninNC
Intermediate Driver

Overhead view of it made me yearn for Porsche to remake the 928. That mirror is wacky, sideview mirrors can actually accentuate design features.
SilentBoy741
Intermediate Driver

"but you can buy it next year at the 2021 RM Sotheby’s Paris sale"

[Checks bank account]

Yeah, probably not.
ChrisRoher
Pit Crew

Holy NACA ducts Batman! Now that's a cool "super car". Love everything about it. And in Arctic Silver, my favorite Porsche color. This should bring at least 6 million at next years "sale". Or 40 million on BaT : )
OldRoad
Detailer

Car would look normal driving in reverse on the frwy. Tail facial has some Corvair on it.
ChevyDave
Pit Crew

Gorgeous car and nice article...I had forgotten/didn’t know that Schulz was responsible for both the Commendatore and the b+b CW311. That’s a car I wonder about today as it would make for a fascinating story. As I remember, the CW311 wasn’t so much a “spiritual successor” to the 300 SL as it was a proof of concept that Mercedes’ stillborn concept of the late ‘60’s - early 70’s, the C111, was a still-viable proposition. Road & Track wrote an extensive analysis of the CW311 back in the day.