cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Vista ’Burb is an ideal spring project

In our minds, the Suburban is the most practical recipe in GM’s truck line-up. Sharing its wheelbase with the long-bed pickups but boasting a more compact footprint, the Suburban splits the gap between heavy-duty work truck and family hauler. With 1967–72 Chevrolet and GMC Suburbans becoming especially tough to find, today’s 1972 GMC C2500 Vista-roofed special is a stinking deal at $5100. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/this-vista-burb-is-an-ideal-spring-project/

Replies (1)

Replies (1)

Never seen a Vista Roof Suburban before.

How is the footprint different than the same wheelbase truck? Front clip is the same, overhang at the back can't be that much different than a normal fleetside bed?

After the square bodies, Suburbans were priced out of reach of the normal person that might of wanted to use it in a more utility fashion. Can you even get one (in the last 30 years) that isn't full luxury optioned and near the top of GMs price chart?

The one in the article is a bit fishy, at least from what the pictures show. There is no green paint even in the glove box hinge, not even under the cardboard glovebox edge that is sticking up. The headliner is out and everything under there seems blue  --that's an awfully thorough repaint.

There is patina, but no obvious green underneath that I can pick out in the photos.

No side trim as per glove box build sheet (but that can be lost in a repaint).

Why would a conversion company fully colour swap an interior for a utility company?

Now the seat belt in the photo looks green, but blue belts from this era fade to a sick green/yellow/grey. The seat coverings are fuzzy which I have never seen in this generation of C10 but I am not super familiar with Suburbans.

Detailer