cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This ultra-rare four-speed Hemi Cuda convertible is the perfect muscle cruiser | Hagerty Media

A rare, export version of one of the hottest Mopar muscle cars ever built is headed for sale at Mecum's Indy even this May. Just 12 Cuda convertibles were fitted with a 426 Hemi in 1971, the last year the 426 Hemi was available.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/this-ultra-rare-four-speed-hemi-cuda-convertible-is...
17 REPLIES 17
Diego
Detailer

I believe 7 were US-spec, 2 were Canadian, and 3 were export cars.
JSievers
Advanced Driver

Canada would be an export car.
77GL
Intermediate Driver

North American is often a distinction separate from export.
Bettyemae
Intermediate Driver

‘...the perfect muscle cruiser’...
Just who among us would ‘cruise’ a million buck car?
ThumperUSMC
Intermediate Driver

HAHAHA... "CRUISE" a muscle car like that? Well, if stomping on the loud panel on a fairly regular basis and otherwise engaging in antics back in the day were considering "cruising", then yeah. Today, with the value of the car, yeah, it would be sedately cruised and proudly displayed at car shows, but highly doubtful if it would be made to perform as I am sure they were back then...LOL
ThumperUSMC
Intermediate Driver

I had two Barracuda over the years. My first was a Silver 1965 with the 273ci motor and the Borg-Warner T-10 transmission. Would love to have one today, just for the nostalgia. The other was a 1970 done up in Yellow Twist with the 340 Six Pack with the Pistol grip shifter. Liked the car, it was fast, but, the handling could have used a LOT of improvement.
dough
Intermediate Driver

This car, and the 1970 Chevelle SS LS6 convertible 4 speed are truly the two ultimate muscle cars of all time. Combining the hottest body styles of the era, AND a convertible, AND the most powerful engine produced by the factory, AND a 4 speed, I mean, there's really nothing more you could add to make it more interesting, popular, or valuable. This car will bring a "I usually just burn my money in the fireplace, but today I bought a car" price.
Duck
New Driver

My convertible 1998 Trans Am with a LS motor and a 6 speed make a perfect cruiser for the sunny days . Power, mileage, reliability and looks . All at a affordable price , at least when I got it years ago .
Maxy426
New Driver

Agree that the LS6 rag is the pinnacle of 'reg' production GM's similar to the Hemi Rags but that is where the similarities end. This car will eclipse the 3.5 Million recorded by the last 71 rag..... the big dog Chevelle isnt anywhere near these numbers.....
SuperCommando
Pit Crew

well, that's just peak muscle car, ain't it? although technically its a pony car, but any pony car with a big block, esp of this caliber, kinda crosses a few boundaries. I cannot begin to imagine how expensive this must have been to drive in France, but what a presence it must have had.
Tim
Instructor

Crazy this car weighed a full thousand pounds more than the original pony car, the '65 Mustang. A full 40% more. Yet it's still called a pony car because it's wheelbase and length were about the same. Manufacturers thought they were making pony cars, but pony car buyers didn't think so. Muscle cruiser seems to be a fair description of what happened to this car class between '65 and '70+.
77GL
Intermediate Driver

Tiny compared to today's Challengers.
SuperCommando
Pit Crew

a peak at the fender tag would be fun...to see the build code for export, as well as the other options
shoulderboards
Intermediate Driver

Not to be overly nit-picky, but E-body cars were available with a 6-way MANUALLY adjustable driver seat. Power assist was offered for brakes, steering and windows but the seat movement was powered by armstrong.
Sajeev
Community Manager

That's not nit picky at all, it needs to be fixed...so I just did it! Thank you! 

SJ
Instructor

How about the one only made 1967 GT 500 Ragtop?
Rider79
Instructor

Too bad about all that ugly quarter-panel tape...