cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This Toyota Mirage RV is not an illusion | Hagerty Media

If your New Year's resolution is to sell all your possessions, build a custom camper, and hit the open road, we just found the perfect starting point. This 1982 Toyota Mirage we came across on eBay is a retro time capsule that hits all the right (weird) notes.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/this-toyota-mirage-rv-is-not-an-illusion/
4 REPLIES 4
spoom
Technician

What a beauty 🙂 Love those early Toyota camper conversions, even the Chinooks. Great engine, and decades after owners of full-sized domestic "real trucks" made fun of these ant carrying 100x it's weight appearance Toys, they keep popping up on the roads and campgrounds.
Utopia1
Detailer

I'd totally rock that. Although my better half may prefer the version with a real bathroom. lol
chrlsful
Instructor

to me these are the best, convertible AND solid glass (impermeable as fewer joints than alu). But I'm w/spoom - what abt the 'power'? Would an i6 (not sure Toy hada bent6 then) be better. Bud hasa motor he calls 'tacoma' (2 L vicinity) he takes to the drags (9 sec car) in his 700, 800 HP Starlett. I think a 5 speed or 4auto (OD) might help on the interstate?
DEH
New Driver

I have a 1985 Mirage and need to find the extended bolts and lug nuts for the original dually back wheels. Any suggestions? Thanks.