cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This super-sized VW Bug is king of the road

Barcroft Cars, a YouTube channel focused on wild custom vehicle creations, recently featured a totally unique VW Beetle that’s both instantly recognizable as a Bug but also a total departure from the vehicle many know and love. This humongous take on the People’s Car was built by the father and son team of Richard and Scott Tupper at Wicked Concepts, their shop in Gardena, California. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/this-super-sized-vw-bug-is-king-of-the-road/

Replies (13)

Replies (13)

I'd love to see an Isetta! 

New Driver

Before the Corona virus, I would attend a Cruise to the Beach at the Rubies Diner in Redondo Beach. I would see this big bug there, the workmanship is top notch. They have a “story about how this car was found”. It is a humorous tongue in cheek story. Too bad that wasn’t included in your story.

Passenger

I vote for the oversize MINI.  🙂  Especially an early version.  That would be really cool.  I'd power it by a Olds Toronado front drive like the old GMC motorhomes.  

Pit Crew

Always loved the pre-1968 Beetle convertibles (with the old style bumpers), and I'd still be happy with a regular sized one. He can keep the oversized one. I would much rather have the beautiful gold '30-'31 Cadillac Phaeton in the background.

Pit Crew

Love it!  My Mom had a 1967 Beetle with those old school bumpers.  It lasted 19 years.  I wish we would have had one like this! 🙂

New Driver

Wow that’s impressive! Major kudos to the Tuppers to even attempt a build like that, let alone make it work. 

New Driver

Their next should be a massive Reliant Robin!! What could go wrong? (Upside down Hummer).

New Driver

What about an oversized "Mini" next? Would that be a contradiction in terms?

Passenger

Uh, why?

Pit Crew

a Porsche 944 where my head doesn't touch the visor

Intermediate Driver

How about a "Bugeye" Sprite bigger that a Viper?

Pit Crew

It would be so fun to pull up next to big stoopid pickup trucks in this!

New Driver

DON'T BUG ME!!!

Porsche at his finest

Pit Crew