cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

This stunning 1972 Sprinter Trueno J is a Toyota Corolla like no other | Hagerty Media

Certain responsibilities are beyond the scope of what regular folk can handle. When the mission at hand calls for superhuman dedication, saint-like patience, and a healthy dose of obsession, you need That Guy. When Toyota realized it wasn't in a position to restore a survivor 1972 Sprinter Trueno fastback, it required That Guy's services.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/this-stunning-1972-sprinter-trueno-j-is-a-toyota-corolla-...
12 REPLIES 12
SamAdamsPaleAle
Advanced Driver

Mike Muniz! I loved his videos with Hoonigan showing off his other Corolla
Dad_jokes
Pit Crew

Very unique JDM homologation special. Like a 1965 GT350R, 1967 911R, or Fairlady Z432R, a lightened version of an already track biased car.
A W30 was a drag racing special. Had nothing in common with this.
That’s the kind of detail that makes one suspicious of the author’s level of general automotive knowledge.
Flashman
Instructor

"...dome-a-dozen..."? A bit sloppy; you're also missing a couple of indefinite articles.
MichaelYount
New Driver

Also - it’s “Levin”, not Levine. Means lightning/thunder.
Sajeev
Community Manager

Fixed, thank you 

Paddy
New Driver

Wanted to post a pic of me and my 1973 SR5. 88HP, 5-speed, 4.11 rear with a 1:1 5th.
But I guess no attachments allowed. So here's a link to one identical to it. Didn't hold up to well to Illinois salt, though.
https://www.lumangoto.com/orange-mango-time-capsule-a-1973-toyota-corolla-sr5/

tahend
Detailer

Cool looking car.
sclin10
Detailer

"Perseus Green"? more like Pukeous Green!
brians356
Detailer

The details of this restoration are incredible. He must be a really nice guy to have enlisted that much support from so many people.

I wonder how this model would have done in Trans Am racing against the Datsun 510?
brians356
Detailer
brians356
Detailer
brb
Instructor

70's era Corollas were common first cars for friend old enough to drive when I wasn't back in Wisconsin. Hence, I rode shotgun in many and enjoyed it. They were reliable things until the bodies rusted away and didn't look bad to boot.

This restoration is at a Smithsonian level of perfection. My hat is off to Mike and everyone that helped make it happen. Totally awesome.