cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This restored Mercedes-Benz O 319 bus is a true labor of love

Though Volkswagen's Transporter would be the one to take the world by storm, it wasn't the only German automaker to produce such buses, vans, and small trucks in the 1950s. While the VW Type 2 Transporter arrived in 1949, Mercedes-Benz entered the fray in 1955 with the premiere of the L 319 trucks and vans, as well as the O 319 omnibus. The 319 line was Mercedes' first such offering since World War II, during which time the company was tasked with manufacturing the Blitz truck of its chief competitor, Opel.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/this-restored-mercedes-benz-o-319-bus-is-a-true-labor-of-love...

View Entire Topic

Thank you for this great article about my 1961 Mercedes-Benz o310 Omnibus. The story and sentiments are pretty accurate. The bus sold for a respectable $82,500. Even at that whopping sum, I am still upside-down financially. I am at peace with the loss though. This is a pretty common theme among auto enthusiasts who go down the 'restoration' road. The difference is, this bus made a big splash and caused a stir in the international auto community when it hit the market. I even got a cool article written about the bus and my efforts in Hagerty magazine! How many people can say that?

Sal Orlando / Sitting Duck

Navigator